Lifting belts

Options
I need recommendations for a lifting belt. I'm short waisted so the space between the bottom of my rib cage and the top of my hips is only about 3 inches. Does anyone know if a good lifting belt that will fit these parameters?

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3" and seriously might have a inch of space.

I recommend one that is prebroken in for that reason alone.

I was naive and bought a Inzer lever which is falsely advertised as 100% genuine leather which it isn't and won't ever fully break in. If you like the belt on the stiff side, it's not a bad option for the price. I literally separated by intercostal muscles between my lower ribs because of how stiff the belt is combined with the lack of space between my.hips/ribs.

Bob's, Best, Pioneer are top quality belt makers that are prebroken in, & have a option for custom made size, and good customer service. SBD makes a decent belt that is a touch more affordable that wouldn't be a bad option as well.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    There is a Texas Training 2x4 tapered belt. It's leather on the outside and suede on the inside. The back of the belt is 4" and tapers to 2" in the front. Leather belts are great in that you never have to break them in. I bought a leather belt 2 years ago and it's by far my favorite. My first one was suede and it literally took me months to break it in.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Pioneer do a 2.5” and a 3” 10mm power belt
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    http://www.bestbelts.net/ They will custom make one. They have a 2.5" and a 3". I use the 3" for deadlifts and 4" for squats. The custom made one for me was cheaper than buying one
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    34blast wrote: »
    http://www.bestbelts.net/ They will custom make one. They have a 2.5" and a 3". I use the 3" for deadlifts and 4" for squats. The custom made one for me was cheaper than buying one

I 2nd Best Belts.

I've got a 4" double prong belt that is/was,extremely well made and has,held up well over the years. Was going to buy a narrower 3" belt but decided that I didn't need it.
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I’ve always used a belt I purchased at Walmart. I didn’t realize there was such a thing as custom lifting belts 😀
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    34blast wrote: »

I have a Best Belt and I love it. Great quality, highly recommended.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Are you just using it for gym lifting, or do you plan on competing in anything?

Just FYI, if you plan on competing, you have to have certain brands of belts. I learned that the hard way and now have a second belt laying in my closet that I wasted $$$ on, because I can't wear it in competitions.
  • chrisvedral
    chrisvedral Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ive got an inzer lever and my girlfriend has an SBD. We compete in both powerlifting and bodybuilding and regardless of what style we are training they both get the job done.