Am I the only one that Yo-Yos?

Options
I have found it so hard to stay on track, but I cant be the only one right. I've been on and off the yo-yo diets and exercises for close to 10 years now. About two years ago I was doing really well then Holidays hit and I was off the wagon. This past year or so has been a disaster when it comes to my health and I have no one to blame by myself. I found I really fell off the wagon when I stopped doing my daily check-ins with all the wonderful people on here and their daily support.

I'm currently at 225 and ideally I would like to be at 200 before Thanksgiving and maybe 195-ish by new years. Ultimate goal would be somewhere about 150-170. This just seams so daunting because honestly at this point since I'm so out of shape even a brisk walk leaves me winded. However I know I can do it, the hardest part is getting started right?

Anyone else in that boat with me? Anyone care to be friends and share in daily motivation and a good kick in the behind once in a while if we see each other get of track? If so please add me. Thanks

Replies

• Devinpa
    Devinpa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mzgarcia10...I am right there with you. Constantly up and down. 5 years ago I was 128 lbs. Today I am 160 and want to get down to at least 145. I have some health issues. I have had 2 surgeries on my back, I can no longer walk much or stand, so that threw me way off because I was walking A LOT during the day. I also go married and I find living alone is so much easier to keeping weight off. Cooking and living with someone definately cause weight gain for me. I feel horrible, I look in the mirror and get so depressed. So, no, you are definately not alone by any means.
  • Mzgarcia10
    Mzgarcia10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I know we both can. Congratulations on the marriage. I know it takes some commitment but like I said starting is the hardest part. Just jump back into it.
  • Arawra90
    Arawra90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Definitely not the only one. I did really well here a while back but life got in the way as it does but now I am motivated to get back on the wagon. Support and motivation buddies are the best!
  • pmoran525
    pmoran525 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. Ive lost and gained the same few pounds. Im getting invisalign in two weeks and hoping that will stop me from eating all the time. You are not alone.
  • Paws3515
    Paws3515 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Only been doing it my entire life. Weight come off, I quit, weight returns. The cycle sucks and I’m hoping to break it this time. You got this!!!
  • MagnumOpus1
    MagnumOpus1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Usually people quit when they're doing something non sustainable. If you lose weight in an enjoyable way you'll likely keep it off because once you get to your goal all you have to do is eat more with the same set up. The goal isn't to throw away everything you've been doing while losing weight. You should be building bthe habits that'll keep you in check and keep you at your desired goal weight.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am a chronic yo-yoer. I lose significant amounts of weight and then put it all back on and then some. I've lost 70+ pounds 3 times. I'm starting all over again weighing the most I've ever weighed, even counting pregnancies. I'm done. I can't keep doing this. I'm getting older. All this weight gain has me pre diabetic. I'm getting married in a year, I don't want to be a "fat" bride. This will be the last time I do this! We can do it!