Return to MFP after Weight Watchers

Options
VixenVexed
VixenVexed Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hello!

I'm new-ish to MFP. I started using it back in 2005 and it inspired me to get my 6year postpartum body healthy again. I did well but regained and went to Weight Watchers in 2015. I loved the program then and did well up until the new program introduced this past year. As with most of us, I have some serious barriers in my weight battles. Some physical, most are psychological. I really need the support of a meeting and that was one of the great things that Weight Watchers provided to me. I also need the mindfulness of tracking my consumption of food since I battle Binge Eating Disorder. But most of all is that I need support with a sane and compassionate group that is focused on healthiness.

I thought I'd introduce myself to the community and find likeminded MFPers that can come along in my lifelong pursuit of managing my health and weight.

My current goal is to get back to tracking my food intake and refraining from putting myself in situations that aren't ideal for my B.E.D.

I'm going to browse the groups here but I'd be open to suggestions for groups that worked well for you, especially if they relate to my similar experiences.

Look forward to sharing more with you!

VV☮

Replies

• LizzyIsFalling
    LizzyIsFalling Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I hope you reach your goals!
  • Daisy9591
    Daisy9591 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are so open and honest. It's inspiring.
  • meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am a WW member and attend meetings for the support and the friendships I made throughout the years however I am not at all happy with this plan and only go because I am Lifetime. I have an issue with zero pts foods. You say no points and I eat more. I could never do the core plan. I don't know what eat to satisfied is. You put it in front of me and I eat it. I did side by side WW with my MPF for a few months (after I was continually gaining on Freestyle). My calories were over the top. No matter what they say its calories in vs calories out. You will find what you need on these boards. You've got this!
  • lbryans929
    lbryans929 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! Same boat as you, Vixen and Meatbal. Nice to meet you!