How to know how much weight I'm lifting with resistance band

Options
If I have a resistance band (B-Line) that is 45 pounds and step on it with one foot, how much weight would I be lifting with a single curl?

Also, with both feet, how much would I be lifting?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing 45 pounds is a maximum number - not an average number (I don't know how the band was tested). So probably no more than 45 pounds. Good question......
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Bands come in different resistance levels. You would have to find your band's brand - that still might not give you an answer.

B line.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Resistance will change the farther you spread your stance, I would jus't go by how it feels and if you feel sore the next day, if you feel sore your doing a good resistance. Try going to Youtube and search resistance band and you will find a ton of different exercises you can do
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    sorry cant help you, i changed to dumbbells for this reason
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It's very difficult to judge the actual "weight", since the resistance isn't consistent throughout the move. So many factors mess with the bands. It's probably my biggest complaint. Move your foot an inch or two and you've changed it completely. Change your loop and the same thing. Very tough to estimate the weight. Probably not the answer you were looking for though. But it's the best I have from my experience so far.