Hi Everyone

Options
I am kind of new here. I started about 3 weeks ago and I am hoping to lose about 200 pounds. I have been great so far, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I have been trying to stick to about 1,500 calories a day and so far I have been doing well.

I am 36 and have struggled with my weight all my life but I am determined to do this. I know my goal is probably ambitious but I need to do this and I want to prove to myself I can.

Replies

• aph1234
    aph1234 Posts: 25
    Options
    i know what you mean but i have found some low cal snacks that helps me i take regular popcorn put in a brown paper lunch bag put in microwave 3 min wach it burns easy once you hear it start to slow down poping take it out no salt no butter but i keep a bag of jennys hot popcorn and add about 2 handfulls ti the bag of popcorn to trick me into thinking i'm getting more cals and i have found kims magic pop at buehlers store i use that instead of chips or crackers its great with spicy humus or salsa low cal cheese also i add onions to everything i can it adds flavor to everything and egg white omletes you can put everything in those use pam spray to fry everything also good luck i plan to share my before and after photos waiting to lose 10 more pounds for the 1st time in my life i can say i've got my weight under control it feels good to say that
  • thatdude3
    Options
    Those are some great tips. I am big fruit eater so I tend to have a couple bananas for breakfast and a couple apple or other kind of fruit for lunch. for snacks I usually have fruit too. The fruit tends to help keep my calorie count down during the day and leaves me around 800 to 1,000 for dinner. So far it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. The days I am at work it is pretty easy because I am busy and don't think about food that often, those pesky days off I find more difficult.