Multiple sclerosis (MS) and exercise

Options
I have MS and have physical limitations. I can no longer walk; am Wheelchair and bed bound; And, I am paralyzed on my left side. Any suggestions on what kind of exercises I can do to help in my weight-loss program?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from how many calories you eat. You don’t need to exercise. Hugs

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I also have MS and know that exercise can be difficult, especially with your physical limitations. Where do you live? Do you have a local National MS Society chapter there? They have a number of excellent resources, including classes for accessibility yoga and hydro therapy. You might also ask your doctor to see if there's anything in your area.
    I find that restorative yoga helps with my fatigue, and that doesn't require a lot of movement. There are a number of free videos on youtube for that.
    Feel free to message me if you want to chat more.
  • gnu4liberty
    gnu4liberty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have MS. I just started physical therapy. I do the bicycle everyday. I do situps and leg lifts as best I can. I already lost the weight I wanted to. I am 5’9” and 128 lbs. My partner is working to get in shape so I have company in my efforts.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest you Google wheelchair exercises. You will find lots of resources.