Keep cutting or start bulking?

Options
thaevilgenius
thaevilgenius Posts: 34 Member
Lost 10kg with on average 140g of protein I.e. 2g/kg. I'm 173cm and 71kg dunno if i should keep cutting or aim for a lower BF while maintaining my weight lift program

https://imgur.com/a/VTGP75s

Replies

• edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don’t think it will matter too much which path you take. But I’d recommend following a solid beginner program like starting strength and eating in a surplus to build muscle.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    LeanAnvil wrote: »
    I'd say cut a bit more

Agree. Your BF is still a little too high to get the max benefit from a bulk. You look to be a little above 20%. You want to be < than 15% to get the most out of calorie partitioning and MPS or you gain a higher % of fat than is prefered.
  • ah_tee84
    ah_tee84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lost 10kg with on average 140g of protein I.e. 2g/kg. I'm 173cm and 71kg dunno if i should keep cutting or aim for a lower BF while maintaining my weight lift program

71kg = 156 pound (156 x 1.25 = 195)

need to eat minimum of 195 gram of protein everyday
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Keep cutting.
  • thaevilgenius
    edited September 2018
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    I'd say cut a bit more

Agree. Your BF is still a little too high to get the max benefit from a bulk. You look to be a little above 20%. You want to be < than 15% to get the most out of calorie partitioning and MPS or you gain a higher % of fat than is prefered.

My BF is not 20% , at 20% you dont see abs at all. its 18% and I want to get it below 15% but my metabolism seems slowing a lot as I eat 1500cal a day out and exercise 4 times a week plus 10k steps a day. I'm strenght training of course, my lifts are progressing nicely but my tdee is slowing I think I should eat at maintenance for 2 weeks then resume. Because calculators give me an estimated tdee of 2400 if I put moderate exercising which is 4 times a week yet I'm only losing 0,6 kg/week
  • thaevilgenius
    Options
    ah_tee84 wrote: »

71kg = 156 pound (156 x 1.25 = 195)

need to eat minimum of 195 gram of protein everyday

Lol no way. That's way too high. Should be 1g/lb. Or 2.5 per lean body mass which is 140 or 145 which is what I'm having 195x4 is 780cal which is more than half of my calorie intake
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    .6kg a week loss is a substantial amount.

I would also put you just above 20% but it doesn't matter regardless, you can either continue cutting some more while still gaining strength or you can eat in a slight surplus while microcycling a hypertrophy block that incorporates sufficient volume for several weeks and then switch to a deficit as you focus on strength for several weeks and repeat.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    I'd say cut a bit more

My BF is not 20% , at 20% you dont see abs at all. its 18% and I want to get it below 15% but my metabolism seems slowing a lot as I eat 1500cal a day out and exercise 4 times a week plus 10k steps a day. I'm strenght training of course, my lifts are progressing nicely but my tdee is slowing I think I should eat at maintenance for 2 weeks then resume. Because calculators give me an estimated tdee of 2400 if I put moderate exercising which is 4 times a week yet I'm only losing 0,6 kg/week

What method are you using to determine your BF % and what is its standard margin of error. Also, I don't see clearly defined abs in the pic you posted.
  • thaevilgenius
    Options
    Using wrist, neck and navel lost another 0,6kg this week so seems like I found the perfect balance between diet and exercise. 5 weeks to go at this rate and should be at 68kg then bulk