Wanna be a Spartan

Options
Hey ya'll! My name is Kenzie, I am 34, mom of three rapidly growing boys, I have worked over the last almost five years to lose a little over 70 pounds and become a better version of me. I run, cycle, hike, lift weights, and now I want to be a Spartan!
I did my first pack trip with a 50 pound pack, 15 miles, and crushed it! NOW I want to be a Spartan!!
What are your current goals!? How far have you come!? Tell me about yourself!!!

Replies

• spartanseventy7
    Options
    Hey there ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ do you mean a Spartan as in Spartan obstacle races??? If so then I am Spartan! ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goal idomebecause. We don't have Spartan races over here but I've run several obstacle course races over hear and they are an excellent challenge. Not only going for time over the course but also challenging yourself to complete every obstacle.

Ones I've enjoyed include Tough Viking, Toughest and Ultimate OCR. Over the years I've done Triathalons, Marathons and even a Velothon but the OCRs are probably the most fun IMHO.
  • idomebecause
    idomebecause Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ do you mean a Spartan as in Spartan obstacle races??? If so then I am Spartan! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hahahaha, at first, I had to make sure I had not mis-spelled Spartan, then I thought, "Hmmm IS that the type of Spartan I want to be?"๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” Hahaha
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

My wife signed us up for a Spartan Sprint in 2017 and we got the bug. Completed the trifecta in 2018 and definitely doing this every years. Also have three kids who are all signed up for the Spartan Kids event next year.
  • idomebecause
    idomebecause Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

My wife signed us up for a Spartan Sprint in 2017 and we got the bug. Completed the trifecta in 2018 and definitely doing this every years. Also have three kids who are all signed up for the Spartan Kids event next year.

I LOVE THIS!!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    If you think you can do it!!!
    So often we talk ourselves out of things or let others but how the heck will we ever know unless we try.
    I figure skate. I said to my son I'd never do this one jump ever again. Hubs asked why I said cause I'm scared. So now I think I will try