Fitness Friends!

Options
So I'm new to MFP!

I've been a serial dieter since I was 14 (I'm 29 now!). I've tried every diet you can think of. Some have worked, some have made me crumple into a ball of despair (the thought of food in powder form just makes me want to cry!).

My weight has fluctuated everywhere between 150 lbs to 280 lbs (textbook yo-yo dieter).

Now as I creep towards my 30's it's really hit home how important it is to live a healthy lifestyle. And that's where MFP and you lovely people come in.

I'm looking for a sensible, realistic way to get to an healthy weight. I want to become more active. And I need fitness friends!

I would love it if you MFP veterans can add me to help me along. Or any newbies that wants a buddy that's in the same boat as me.

I'm currently around the 250 lb mark (I'm buying new weighing scales tomorrow!). My ambition is to loose about 96-100 lbs...so I'll need alot of support!

Please feel free to add me and send a message!

Joda x

Replies

• ttn79
    ttn79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    add me if you want ....
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Welcome Joda, What have you thought of to get more active?
  • jodayoda
    jodayoda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)

Well I'm hoping to get involved in a team sport. I started playing baseball earlier this year, but the season is now over until the summer. I want to see if I can train to do a 5k, and would love to take up weightlifting!

All a bit ambitious, so I'll need to take baby steps!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    jodayoda wrote: »
    Thank you :)

Well I'm hoping to get involved in a team sport. I started playing baseball earlier this year, but the season is now over until the summer. I want to see if I can train to do a 5k, and would love to take up weightlifting!

All a bit ambitious, so I'll need to take baby steps!

I think sport is a great idea. I'd love to play cricket if anyone played around me. Weightlifting is also a good idea because muscle burns more calories they say. You're wise to start off with baby steps. Good luck.
  • purplicious86
    purplicious86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I cab definitely relate!