Newby

funkyfood
funkyfood Posts: 3
edited 9:54AM in Introduce Yourself
I have been using the site for three weeks now and must say that I hadn't logged in as I didn't know how long it would last. Found it great, especially as I have it on my phone and PC so no excuse to miss logging everything. lost 4 pound so far. Can someone tell me how much roughly a cup is. Want to add homemade potato wedges, do I use a tea cup/ coffee cup or roughly what weight!!

Replies

• Hi Funkyfood, Use a small mug or a cup. If u have a jug, 1 cup is about 250ml/8floz hope that makes sense.

Clare
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Dry cup measurements are a little different than wet cup measurements. (See http://startcooking.com/blog/333/Measurement-and-Conversion-Charts#dryvolume). If you want to estimate 1 cup, any 8 oz. cup should do IMHO.
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    I find cup measurements for veggies so frustrating!
    I just weighed a big potato (3 by 5 inches) and it weighed 338g /12 oz. Not sure what measurement you use. I also measured my cup measuring cup and it's about 3 inches wide and 1.75 deep. I filled it with water and it took 2 cups to fill a standard coffee mug (not one of those dainty ones).
    Maybe this conversion website can help as well: http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/cup-to-gram-conversions/detail.aspx?src

I hope this helps a bit :) Enjoy those potato wedges!
  • Hi,

I've been using this site for a few days so far and it's getting easier everyday. I was strongly encouraged to take some Diabetes Information sessions by my doctor and the local health authority (I was put in the program because my blood test results were outside of the 'acceptable' range).

Between this site and the lectures, I'll either get very healthy or crazy. I'm hoping for healthy.

I'm using this site and the app on my android phone. The phone app is great since it allows me to scan in the bar code off of most packages and that enters the health info (carbs, protein, fats,...) automatically. It's even finding foods up here in Canada and not just the US products that I frankly expected.

My target is to lose 5 - 8 kilos by Thanksgiving (that's 10 October up here). So by watching what I eat and riding my bike 4 - 5 times a week I should be able to meet that goal.

My other, and related, target is to keep my blood sugar in the 'normal' range and not need any medication to regulate it for as long as possible. I'm testing everyday and things are looking good so far.

10275950.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Thanks for your help, think I sorted it. Wedges were fab and figured as I burnt of calories this morning on the cross trainier if I went over by a few it wouldn't hurt.
This discussion has been closed.