So tell me your opinions on the Saunas

Kelleyrh5
Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
So I hear people all the time like to go into the saunas after thier workouts. What's your take on this? I am trying to decide whether or not it is worth sitting in a room that is extremely hot. Hummmmm decisions decisions :wink:

Replies

• I had a couple of sessions with a personal trainer and he recommended the sauna after sessions to help relax muscles. Still need to stretch out first though.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    They creep me out.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    I would love if my gym had one, but they don't =(
  • I love Saunas! I can stay in there for about 30 minutes. Dangerous, I know! ;)
    They help me so that I am not too sore after working out and I just am able to relax.
    I like steam saunas as well. I always see people jumping around in there at my gym...I hear it's a good last minute burn/sweat.
  • They creep me out.

Im with you!

The dudes in the sauna just look like they want to hook up with another dude!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    It's all about the steam room for me, but both of them help tremendously after my workouts. I'd say give it a shot, start with short sessions though before trying anything longer to make sure your body reacts ok.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    They creep me out.

Im with you!

The dudes in the sauna just look like they want to hook up with another dude!

They just scream "hot sweaty dirty sex" to me. I dunno. Maybe my mind is in the wrong place.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    I prefer the steam room.

My gym as aromatherapy that they use too in there. Nice and relaxing way to sweat your *kitten* off. haha
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    I prefer the steam room.

My gym as aromatherapy that they use too in there. Nice and relaxing way to sweat your *kitten* off. haha

That sounds wonderful!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    they're a good place to look at boobies and be amazed that "personal grooming" is not as widespread as you thought.
  • k7redeemed
    k7redeemed Posts: 1 Member
    I love the sauna either before or after a workout. I was hesitant at first because it seemed dangerous to me but I read up on it a little online. I use the dry sauna, no steam. It increases your heart rate and gives you a mild workout without even having to do anything. You can just relax if you want & sweat or do some stretches to get your muscles warmed up before a workout or afterwards to relax them. Depending on what I do it can increase my heart rate from the 70's up to 100. I almost always go to the sauna before my workout and sometimes after (not usually both). It helps my mind & body get ready for my cardio. Make sure you drink alot of water before, during & after to keep yourself hydrated, and always listen to your body. If you don't feel well, leave and try again another day.

Hope this helps. :-)
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,236 Member
    they're a good place to look at boobies and be amazed that "personal grooming" is not as widespread as you thought.

i dont believe you... sloothecam is needed... post your findings here...
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member

LOL!!
  • Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    LOL you guys crack me up! LOL
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member

*Shudder*

Personal Grooming is important....

Even for men.
  • DarthCeltic

*Shudder*

Even for men.

but i cant.. i dont have a weed eater...
  • bkthomas2004
    bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
    I've tried the dry sauna at a gym before, it was an interesting experience. Should I happen to join a gym again, I would probably try it out. Just make sure you have plenty water with you in there, during my first time I started feeling sick, it was after an hour long workout and i didn't have my water with me, I was feeling a little light headed :embarassed:
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member

*Shudder*

Even for men.

Now Ryan... was that necessary?
  • DarthCeltic

*Shudder*

Even for men.

Now Ryan... was that necessary?

i couldnt help myself... sorry ill go to the corner now...
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    They creep me out too....all i can picture is a bunch of fat hairy men sitting in there with their ball sack juice all over those benches. eeeewwww
This discussion has been closed.