HELP PLEASE!

Options
Ok everyone!! I need some help...what do you guys do when you start to lose your motivation? I was doing sooooo well and lost some weight and was looking the way I wanted, but like everytime I get happy with it I start to eat more and go out more (no bueno).... ADVICE???? Thank you!!

Replies

• allysonjo
    Options
    I google celebrity's that are my height-and just look. I know everyone is built different but it helps honestly.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I go back to the basics of taking one choice at a time. I focus on getting in exercise (even if it is not hard), on eating below my calorie ceiling, and drinking water. If I slip up, I forgive myself and move on. Each choice is an opportunity to make a healthy one. This journey is not going to be without turns or bumps, but I know I have the map to get me where I want to go.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I google celebrity's that are my height-and just look. I know everyone is built different but it helps honestly.

Like, like, like!
  • Jaylove88
    Options
    OMG im glad u told me that... I know this is stupid but I look at this one music video and look at the chick and want to look like her lol
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When I start to lose motivation... I think of how I looked before and how I look now!
  • Jaylove88
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss that is amazing! and good advice thank you
  • danog8
    danog8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do an athletic activity that you love! It'll get you motivated because it will make you feel great and you'll remember that losing weight and being healthy is fun! I know it's a little vague, but I hope this helps!
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Make a list of reason you want to lose and hang it on your mirror.. fridge... where ever works for you best.
    google a celeb or just anyone who looks like what you are going for and hang it.
    change up your routine, not being challanged with your exercise routine will cause it to be very unmotivated.
    Log on to MFP and ask for help! :happy:

Good luck!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I just remind myself or look at pics to see how far I have come to keep going. Sometimes, you just have to force yourself to do something even if it is just going for a walk. Put on music you like and go for it. You CAN do this!!!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I doubt you're going to hear any response that is earth shattering ... it's tough to stay motivated ... perhaps finding an honest and accountable friend (non-MFP *gasp*) that can sit next to you and chat, talk, share recipes, and keep yourself motivated.

I love to cook, so when it comes to food I find it helpful to vary my style (i.e. even though I'm far from a vegetarian or vegan, I go veggie for a week) ... maybe one week shop for the whole week ... maybe another do some freezer cooking ... dunno, but perhaps if you vary it that may help.

I like to run, but perhaps you can vary your exercise ... I find that when I exercise it makes me want to eat garbage less (after all, I just put in the work)

The only "trick" I'll say that works for me is frequently brushing my teeth! lol ... when I do it right after a meal (intentionally) it makes me want to munch less ...

On aside, you look great and you're hardly far off your "goal" ... those last 10 pounds (loosing them and keeping them off) are hard simply because mentally you're not "that far overweight" ... so I dunno ... keep it up though ... just talking about being motivated helps though! :)
  • mrf2990
    mrf2990 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

i do the same thing! it really helps!!!
  • AubreyLHoffman
    Options
    When I start to lose my motivation, I think to myself, "this isn't just for me to look good, it's for me to feel good too" I don't want to feel guilty and feel like all that hard work I did was for nothing. Give yourself 1 bad day a week, and maybe that's a night you go out- if you are drinking while you are out, try to stick to light beers. Or if your drink is a mixed drink, try to stay away from mixing it with juices and sodas. My drink when I go out, is vodka, water, and bar lime. It doesn't sound very good, but I like it because it's kind of sour. :) You can also mix it with soda water, and put just a splash of juice too. Don't lose your motivation- just always think of how great you feel when you do good to your body :)
  • Jaylove88
    Options
    You guys are awesome thank you so much! I