What weight loss did you achieve in 3-4 months' time?

Options
2»

Replies

• gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So far 10 lbs. lost in 4 weeks!!! 26 more lbs to go.
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    gstaubs1 wrote: »
    So far 10 lbs. lost in 4 weeks!!! 26 more lbs to go.

Wow!
  • ecrosby512
    ecrosby512 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    12 lbs 3 months. 1500 cal initially, 1250 now. Rate is slowing, as expected, and it’s now easier to move, so I recently added running/walking.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    When I weighed over 350lbs, I was able to drop about 50lbs in 3 months. Now that I'm 185lbs lighter (I'm at about 165lbs), I'm hoping to just lose 2lbs a month.

How fast one can lose weight safely is related to how much excess weight you have to lose.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I like this thread too :)
    My goal is to lose 20kg in five months (wedding in January) and have wondered if it's realistic.
    I'm logging my food, sticking to 1200 cals and upping my exercise.

@cookiecat90
    It depends on how much you have to lose. I'm at 165lbs, my ideal range for my height is 135-155 (I have naturally wide hips so I'll probably end up closer to the 155 side). Because I don't have a lot to lose, it'll probably take me a good 6 months to a year to lose it. When I was 350lbs, I dropped 50lbs in 3 months easily.
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I can't remember where I read it, but I saw something recently about motivation that rang true with me.
    It said that instead of saying what you want (I want to loss xxlbs, I want to look good on vacation etc) think of what you DON'T want.
    (I DON'T want to spend my vacation feeling fat in a bathing suit, I DON'T want to miss out on activities because I'm too unfit)
    Sounds counter intuitive, because we're always told to be positive, but personally I've found having an 'I DON'T WANT' in mind, makes it easier to say NO to things. I don't want cake/I don't want to be fat.

I think when we focus on what we want we get frustrated because we don't get it it straight away. Wanting things (like cake) is what go us in trouble. Whereas saying I DON'T WANT is saying NO to accepting the status quo, saying NO to being trapped in a fat future. Makes you a bit angry at how you are and how you got to this state. It keeps a bit of fight in you.

Anyway. I've set some I DON'T WANT goals, and they're helpful. But whatever works for you.
    Good luck with your vacation. Hope you find what works for you.
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I didn't make any progress for a long time. I spent a good while just getting used to tracking, and making that a habit, and seeing what was really hurting me. The scale just recently started moving, but now that it is moving it is moving pretty consistently.