I have no urge to eat.

Options
I posted something similar yesterday and only got a few responses. I haven't had an appetite in days. I can only eat like one meal throughout the day. This has never happened to me before and I cannot think of any reason why it would. I'm just as stressed as I usually am. I'm kind of hungry but the thought of eating just kind of makes me nauseous. I don't know what to do in this situation. I am at a total loss.

Replies

• HealthyKt78
    Options
    I posted something similar yesterday and only got a few responses. I haven't had an appetite in days. I can only eat like one meal throughout the day. This has never happened to me before and I cannot think of any reason why it would. I'm just as stressed as I usually am. I'm kind of hungry but the thought of eating just kind of makes me nauseous. I don't know what to do in this situation. I am at a total loss.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Are you getting in enough water? A loss of appetite can sometimes mean you're to low on cals on a regular basis or not getting enough water in.
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options

Wish I had this problem. I have the urge to eat all the time.

Pam
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Pregnant?
  • lor04311916
    Options
    have you tried eating things like soup i know its still eating but might be less off putting than a proper meal ?:smile:
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Pregnant?

def. not.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I thought of pregnancy, too, but my grandmother had a digestive disorder that made her not feel hungry. She had to force herself to eat, even though she didn't want to.

Maybe you should ask a doctor.
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    There are physical and emotional things that can cause this to happen. Stress, water intake and not eating enough calories have all been mentioned. the other that I know of is blood sugar levels which can be dangerous. When blood sugar gets low some people get nausous and lose their appetite. I f it were me I would try eating an orange to boost blood sugar then follow it immediately with protein.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    If this problem persists I would suggest seeing your dr.
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have been sick since Valentines Day and let me tell you I have eaten maybe enough to count as two full meals since then. I drink water, but even that makes me nauseous. So, I definitely feel your pain. I don't have much advice to give you, but just know you are not alone.
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My daughter is like that but she has Ulcerative Colitis, which is like Crohn's. Everything she eats really bothers her colon. She is trying a new diet and it seems to help. She can actually get off of her Prednisone now but still taking the other medication. She has lost 30 lbs in a couple of months, but I wouldn't want to do it like she has had to. Her thing is she is afraid to eat thinking it will make her sick. She is getting better at eating since this new diet and taking Pro-biotics.
  • Mommy2Girls
    Options
    I have been sick since Valentines Day and let me tell you I have eaten maybe enough to count as two full meals since then. I drink water, but even that makes me nauseous. So, I definitely feel your pain. I don't have much advice to give you, but just know you are not alone.

Me too! I have been sick for the last few days and I am struggling to eat all my calories and make good choices. It's so hard when you're sick, I know for me, all I want is comfort food!!! But I am consciously trying to make good choices.
  • Fuhgetaboutit
    Options
    ^^^^^ Does anyone else see the similarity of the two people jhoward87 & Mommy2Girls?! WHOAH ^^^^^