Looking for motivating friends

Options
Hey everyone! I'm new to the community. Although not to MFP. But I have been on my weight loss journey for quite some time and it would be nice to have some motivating friends to get me through this last 20 lbs! I'm down over 100 lbs and we all know that last 20 can be tough! So any help or advice is welcome!

Replies

• grambino1
    grambino1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome 👏🏾 you just can’t stop ✋ I’m proud of you because today is my first day. I’m 6”2 255 lbs and I hate my weight. I’m trying to get like you! So keep it up.
  • diogo361
    diogo361 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey I just started today so I need the motivation and help if you can help
  • sjet99
    sjet99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    grambino1 wrote: »
    That’s awesome 👏🏾 you just can’t stop ✋ I’m proud of you because today is my first day. I’m 6”2 255 lbs and I hate my weight. I’m trying to get like you! So keep it up.

Thank you so much! At 6'2 I'm sure you don't have too much to lose, but you got this! It's just the beginning, but if I can do it, you can do it! I'm 5' tall and weighed more than you when I started! Ugh! Looking back, I'm so happy I didn't quit.
  • sjet99
    Options
    diogo361 wrote: »
    Hey I just started today so I need the motivation and help if you can help

I would love to help and motivate you in any way I can! We're all in this together! Feel free to reach out for any advice or tips your looking for. Just remember that losing weight is not a " one size fits all", kind of thing. You have to do what works best for your body, and that may take trying out some new and different things. Good luck! You can do it!
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,137 Member
    Options
    Damn I know about that last 20 lbs. I finally hit the 120 lbs loss in May, and find that maintaining is not as easy as I thought it would be. But I am managing to do it....congrats on your 100 lbs...that it amazing!
  • sjet99
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    Damn I know about that last 20 lbs. I finally hit the 120 lbs loss in May, and find that maintaining is not as easy as I thought it would be. But I am managing to do it....congrats on your 100 lbs...that it amazing!

Wow! Congrats to you as well! Such a huge accomplishment. Can't wait until I'm at the maintenance phase, but I know it will have It's own challenges for sure. Keep up the great work! You look fantastic!
  • NoNeckGang
    NoNeckGang Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here let’s get lean 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽
  • kbush2018
    kbush2018 Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Congrats! That’s incredible. I’m done about 50lb. I’ve been working on losing weight for a long time. The problem is that it didn’t take over night to put it on. Just have to two twice as hard but it’s worth it and keep up the great work!

Always accepting friends!
  • jmhamlett29
    jmhamlett29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!!! I would like to lose 30ish. So happy for you and thankful for your inspiration!!!! Awesome accomplishment!!!
  • RenoAU
    RenoAU Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just got back into logging my meals, down 20lbs so far. Would like to find some friends to help each other stay motivated 👌💪👍
  • wandaworks21
    wandaworks21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello there! My name is wanda and i started today, would you like to be my workout buddy??
  • jack21richard94
    jack21richard94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You’ve got this SJ wishing you some good results from London,England 🤙
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Congrats @sjet99
  • chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Me too :)
  • laroyla
    laroyla Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started my journey a couple week ago. Congrats on your weight loss so far! Keep going, you are doing great :)