2 month progression photo for a newbie...

Options
Hoping to inspire, here is my before pic along with a current one. Tired and not feeling great, I decided for a change and downloaded the MFP app. For 2 months I have only watched my caloric intake with no exercise regimen other than my typical daily activities. My beautiful wife joined me on my new journey and we’re doing well I believe. It truly is a terrific app and is making life a whole lot easier for the both of us! hb2pmjcpq243.jpg

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • mray5894
    mray5894 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    WOWZER....NO THATS STICKIN TO YOR GUNNS.....WELL DONE.....KEEP IT UP !
  • 0nmiwei
    0nmiwei Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both! It’s a great feeling when you start seeing the results!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Looking good you two!
  • T__Queen
    T__Queen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!
  • sranney2
    sranney2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yay! Question, did you eat mfp recommended calories and did you follow their macro suggestions?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    <3
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    you look hip now..great job.
  • williamgowjr
    williamgowjr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    sranney2 wrote: »
    Yay! Question, did you eat mfp recommended calories and did you follow their macro suggestions?

With the app, I just stay within my calorie parameters. It was eye-opening to see just how many calories we were eating per day and we eat out every night. Looking back, it was 3k calories to as high as 4-5k/day. After a month in I noticed I was tuning into carb reductions as well, but bread...I LOVE bread :). 38 pounds in just over 2 months but I'm taking baby steps...
    Next up, a good exercise regiment. Thanks all for your kind words!
  • sjoerd1966
    sjoerd1966 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pressed the Inspiring button :)
  • sjoerd1966
    sjoerd1966 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    After a month in I noticed I was tuning into carb reductions as well, but bread...I LOVE bread :)

How did you deal with the bread problem? I'm addicted to bread.

• williamgowjr
    Options
    sjoerd1966 wrote: »
    After a month in I noticed I was tuning into carb reductions as well, but bread...I LOVE bread :)

How did you deal with the bread problem? I'm addicted to bread.

Slowly....ever slowly I backed away. Took over 6 weeks but now I've gone to low carb, low calorie (60 cal) wraps. Definitely not the same as I soooo love bread.
  • justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great results!!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • hikinggal11
    hikinggal11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and so happy! I love your picture, very sweet. Please keep us all updated!
  • williamgowjr
    Options
    61 pounds officially lost today and I'm officially in the 180s weight division! Woohoo. After a slight weight uptick after the holiday seasons, I took it back off and am steadily heading downhill. Feels nice to be back in 32" Levi's, I haven't been there in over 20 years.
  • MyDiane2018
    MyDiane2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As everyone else is saying, GREAT JOB. This is an amazing app and I wish more people would use it. I was totally disgusted when I saw the thousands upon thousands of garbage calories I was consuming every day. Not to mention the sodium and sugar!! I myself have about 25 more pounds to go. With this app, I am sure I will succeed. I wish you both the best on your continued journey.
  • williamgowjr
    Options
    It has taken slightly over a year but i have finally reached my goal weight. I found it extremely difficult to tick those few extra pounds off but it is off. Now to maintain and keep it off! 😀