Gamers- Suggestions?

Options
_Khaleesi_
_Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
Hello Gamers! I don't have anything to play right now and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

I have a: wii, PS3, PS2, PSP, Nintendo DS, Computer

I like games like: Final Fantasy series, Dragon Age, Heroes series, Persona series, Mario type games (side scrollers), Little Big Planet 1 & 2, Starcraft II, Mortal Kombat, The Sims (ish)

I dislike games like: First person shooters, games where you must grind for hours upon hours, super scary games 0_0

Help a sister out!

Replies

• adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Have you played Zelda?
  • cfremon
    cfremon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How about Portal or Portal 2?

Mini Ninjas was one that I really enjoyed -- you might enjoy it also. :)
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I play Runes of Magic......its like World of War craft only its free......its a huge endless game.
  • cloudj9
    cloudj9 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    obviously you've never played Left for Dead. its pretty fun. lol
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Assassind Creed, any of them. Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    I tried one Zelda once, the cartoonish graphics and some kid who had snot hanging out of his nose (I believe he blew bubbles with it) threw me off. I never went back.

I played NES Zelda but that's way different.
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Im on wow break at the moment and trying out EQ2,its another one that requires a helluva lot of commitment.I do know that a star wars one is out soon,lots of peeps talking about it,may be worth a look,at this stage im unsure of the commitment required for it though.Ive tried abp reloaded and that's actually not too bad,doesn't require heap of playtime but its a little on the violent side.Pc games for me.

Star wars is mmo and there is no actual due date for release but it looks fun and im not a star wars fan at all:)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    obviously you've never played Left for Dead. its pretty fun. lol

If you like zombie games theres a new one coming out called "Dead Island" :bigsmile:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    If you haven't played the Uncharted series yet, that is a MUST MUST. Also Batman: Arkham Asylum was awesome.

**Oh, and the Mass Effect series too ^_^ ...and as someone already said, the Portal series. I think you should be able to download Portal 1 right from your marketplace.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    I've been playing LA Noire. But if you do play PS3 as the 360 version is 3 disks - PS3 is just one.
  • cloudj9
    cloudj9 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    awesome! i'd most likely get it. looks pretty cool
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I know you don't like shooters, but have you given Mass Effect a try? It was the RPG aspects of it that sucked me in, and I was surprised to find out that the combat was really natural even though I suck at fps. :tongue:

Seconding LA Noire (though get it used or rent it so you aren't supporting the horrendous development conditions), and the Uncharted series (brilliant).
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!

I did try uncharted... wasn't really sucking me in.
    We have bayonetta but I can't play it because we don't have a high def TV and I can't see controls. Same with Batman (But I SOOOOO want to play this and am super pumped for Arkam City).
    We have Portal on the computer, but isn't it a shooter?

What do you do in LA Noire? I thought it was similar to GTA for some reason...
    I will have to look into Mass Effect. If it's so easy that non-shooting people can do it, then I am game!
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You and I have almost the same exact taste for games. I don't like shooters, and can't ever play scary ones either. Do you like fighting games? Marvel Vs Capcom is really fun. Those are usually quick fixes for me because I don't ever have time to sit down and play an rpg. For DS, I love mario party and mario cart.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!

I did try uncharted... wasn't really sucking me in.

Aww, I urge you to try again. The whole story is a lot of fun. Uncharted2 was hands down the best all around game I've ever played.

Nope, it's a puzzle game.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    The Witcher 2. A real gamer's RPG.
  • cfremon
    cfremon Posts: 44 Member
    Options

It's got the mechanics of a first-person shooter -- same perspective, movement, level layout, etc. ... but it's really more of a puzzle solving/exploration game. Even in situations where things are shooting at you, you're typically given as much time as you need to figure out how to solve the puzzle.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Sooo... about the witcher. I have the first one on my computer, my comp MORE than handles the game... and it's all choppy and jagged (except during high qual cut scenes). Too choppy to even play. I was so choked! I think we will try upgrading our video card before we get the witcher 2. (We will def have to). Perhaps then I could enjoy The Witcher as well.

Uncharted- hmm I'll try to borrow it off of a friend. :)

Portal- Sweet! I'll have to give it a go then!

Marvel vs Capcom- Loved it, but again, can't see it on our non-high def screen. Couldn't do any real moves. :(
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    What do you do in LA Noire? I thought it was similar to GTA for some reason...
    I will have to look into Mass Effect. If it's so easy that non-shooting people can do it, then I am game!

LA Noire is similar to GTA in some ways, but it's basically an interactive film noir. Very engaging story and charismatic character. Red Dead Redemption is another I'd recommend for the same reason, and I don't care for GTA at all. They are very long games, though, so be warned!

For Mass Effect, I recommend cranking the difficulty right down to Easy at first, as there are some nuances to combat that take getting used to, especially with the cover system. I was pretty frustrated at first (there is one battle near the end of ME1 that spanked me again and again until I clued in), but then suddenly everything clicked and I was hooked, and was so glad I kept at it. I am extremely obsessed with this series, to the point of bumper stickers and naming my pet after characters. :P Once you get used to the combat, upgrades, etc., you will be able to handle the harder difficulties with no problems...and it has romance, difficult decisions that impact the world, and other great RPG features. ME2 is one of my favourite games of all time.

EDIT: and seconding Portal for sure. I almost skipped it because I had too many other games to play, but my husband practically tied me to a chair and forced me to play. So good! Portal 2 is fantastic as well.