Twist on Yogurt Chicken Salad

Options
I only offer this info because everyone’s tastes are different, but I gotta say I did not care for the plain yogurt chicken salad. It was a little chalky and dry to me, having spent all my life up until now eating mayonnaise-based salads. I had no idea how much fat and sugar there was in all the food I was eating, and using MyFitnessPal has opened my eyes to eating better and staying on track. The chicken salad recipe is a great start, I just needed it to be a little more “saucey.”

For the yogurt chicken salad, I doubled the recipe because I used a whole rotisserie chicken (Walmart) which yielded almost 4 cups of chicken (and my cat loved the trimmings LOL). I added about 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar to the mix, which made it much more flavorful and gooey. I chose not to add the craisins because of their high sugar content. I chose not to add nuts as much as I love them, as they seems to get soggy in salads. I added a whole chopped green apple.

This is my first post here, I hope you all stay strong, and work those macros!!

Replies

• beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I think the kind of yogurt you use as a mayo substitute makes a big difference. It has to be Greek yogurt, preferably full fat. Sometimes though, I’ll mix Helmann’s reduces calorie mayo with Fave 0, since that’s what I have on hand from breakfast. Not too shabby.