Is fruit in the afternoon bad?

Options
Lately after dinner, if I’m craving something sweet I usually eat a fruit. Cherries, grapes, strawberries. I’ve had two separate people tell me that eating fruit late is horrible for you. I’m just wondering everyone’s opinion? Does it really matter on the time you eat fruit? Morning vs night? Why do people think fruit is bad for you?

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Lately after dinner, if I’m craving something sweet I usually eat a fruit. Cherries, grapes, strawberries. I’ve had two separate people tell me that eating fruit late is horrible for you. I’m just wondering everyone’s opinion? Does it really matter on the time you eat fruit? Morning vs night? Why do people think fruit is bad for you?

What time do you have dinner? How much later before you finally go to bed?

It doesn't matter unless it makes your stomach uncomfortable. I just had an apple around 10:00pm and this is something I do quite regularly.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Besides, opinions don't mean much. What are they based on? Check the source.
  • arsoria24
    arsoria24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what time you eat fruit - or anything else. Calories are what matter for weight loss, not what time you eat them.

Why do people think fruit is bad for you?
    Because some people don't have the slightest idea what they're talking about - but that doesn't stop them from talking about it anyway.

Amen to that!!!