Hello, I'm new :)

Options
Hello, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I have been logging my calories and exercise on MFP on my smart phone for the last 2 1/2 weeks now and I have lost 4 lbs so far. I am 26 years old and a few weeks ago I decided that I was going to get the body and lifestyle I want through effort rather than feeling bad about the weight I have put on during the last few years. I have tried to lose weight via quick fixes in the past but have always gained the weight back. For a while there, I stopped exercising and caring about what I was eating. Now, I am ready to change my habits and take care of my body with respect with healthy eating and exercise.

I'm logging in on the forums for the first time and am already inspired by before/after posts and the support that is so apparent within this forum. Nice to meet everyone and I am so grateful for this site! :)

Replies

• becky_turcotte
    Options
    Hey! Welcome, this place is awesome. Great ideas and inspiration. Good luck on your weight loss!

Feel Free to Add me.
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    I've been using the site for about 3 months and love it...I've lost 19 lbs so far and feel great. I think you will really find this site helpful. Good luck! :smile:
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome
    feel free to add me:)
    good luck
  • kewoo
    kewoo Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, im new too and find this site great. Good luck
  • ckclontz
    ckclontz Posts: 68
    Options
    Great to see you have joined up with one amazing group! Welcome, have fun, don't forget that we'll listen even when you're grumpy at life or mad at your own choices, and we'll tackle the obstacles with you, one by one!

Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)

Good luck and good health!!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! The forums and members here are incredibly encouraging! With MFP and regular exercise, you already have the tools you need to achieve your fitness goals!

You're going to do GREAT!!
  • yogabebe
    yogabebe Posts: 38
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words. I am so excited! :)
  • SophC7
    SophC7 Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome to the Site. Don't worry, everyone is so supportive here and well done on your weight loss so far!
    This app and website will definitely help you :)
    I've been on it for around 2 weeks and it really helps you on what you need to cut down on and what you need more of. For example in my case - water :)

Feel free to add!
  • Angela267
    Options
    hello everyone i am new i started fitness pal yesterday my friend told me about it i am hoping to lose some weight. good luck to all of you.