Please Don’t roll your eyes 👀.

Options
lbzmse
lbzmse Posts: 19 Member
edited September 2018 in Motivation and Support
Hello all. I need your help from veterans and successful people please !!! I have been doing keto for 20 days and everyday below 25 carbs less then 1300 calories but not losing too much. I’m 5’8 174 lbs maybe eating too much fat? Any help would be appreciated. I promise not to bother you when I have this down. 🤔😞😜🤯. I have about 63 proteins and no more than 100 fats.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I don't know an eye rolling emoji, so you're good!

How much is "not losing too much "?

Have you logged everything every day?

How are you measuring your portions? Food scale?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How much are you expecting to lose?
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Have you pulled up your macros to see how much fat and protein you need. I'm supposed to have something like 129. I have a hard time getting there.

• lbzmse
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Well when I first started I lost 8 lbs. after that none but my waist is smaller. I did the macro calculation and it says 25 carbs max. Protein 72 max 115 and fat min 30 max 170. 1300 cal to lose weight. Do I have to always eat all that fat and protein ??? Please any assistance from you all will help. Thanks in advance I’ve logged and weighed everything and scanned etc. 😜😜
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lbzmse wrote: »

Well when I first started I lost 8 lbs. after that none but my waist is smaller. I did the macro calculation and it says 25 carbs max. Protein 72 max 115 and fat min 30 max 170. 1300 cal to lose weight. Do I have to always eat all that fat and protein ??? Please any assistance from you all will help. Thanks in advance I’ve logged and weighed everything and scanned etc. 😜😜

can you open your diary?
  • bryonyd4
    bryonyd4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i have been doing keto for just over four weeks now. just keep going sometimes i wont loose weight for a week and then have a drop. Make sure you are drinking enough water and keep logging scanning and weighing all portions. like the other poster said it is mainly about your calories but i find it helps keep my cravings at bay. i do not always hit my fats but as long as my calories are on target and my carbs are under control i dont worry to much but I am no expert! i think loosing 8 lbs is amazing! i know some people have far greater losses but do not compare yourself to anyone you are doing incredible keep going!
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    So you've lost 8lbs in 20 days?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,047 Member
    Options
    Wait.

You've lost 8 pounds - most of that will be water weight anyway. With about 30 to go, set your goals to "Lose 1 pound per week." At your weight, height and age you will be given more than 1300 calories, I can tell you that.

You are undereating already and looking for ways to eat even less? The whole thing about Keto is high fat. If that isn't working, maybe Keto isn't for you.

Do you work or do other daily activities like school or caring for kids? Because it sounds like you set your Activity Level at "Sedentary" - which is also a very low calorie allotment.

I know that wasn't your concern, but if you can't even eat 1300 (which is too low for a 5'8"/174lb. woman) then why continue on Keto? Carbs are easy-to-eat calories. If you don't need to cut them and if the fats are difficult for you, why do it?

Are you doing this under doctors' supervision or by prescription? Have you done your research so you'll be prepared nutritionally?
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    Wait.

You've lost 8 pounds - most of that will be water weight anyway. With about 30 to go, set your goals to "Lose 1 pound per week." At your weight, height and age you will be given more than 1300 calories, I can tell you that.

You are undereating already and looking for ways to eat even less? The whole thing about Keto is high fat. If that isn't working, maybe Keto isn't for you.

No, the whole thing about Keto is very low carbs. You can eat high fat if it helps you stay full longer, but there is absolutely no need to stuff yourself with extra fat.

Here are some general rules to make Keto easier and doable:
    Carbs -> are a hard limit, do not go over this amount in grams
    Protein -> this is a minimum, always eat at least this much in grams (it is fine to go over this amount)
    Fat -> use as a filler to keep yourself from getting hungry between meals, you do NOT need to eat all your fat if you are trying to lose weight (let your body use the fat stores it already has for fuel).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,047 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Wait.

No, the whole thing about Keto is very low carbs. You can eat high fat if it helps you stay full longer, but there is absolutely no need to stuff yourself with extra fat.

Here are some general rules to make Keto easier and doable:
    Carbs -> are a hard limit, do not go over this amount in grams
    Protein -> this is a minimum, always eat at least this much in grams (it is fine to go over this amount)
    Fat -> use as a filler to keep yourself from getting hungry between meals, you do NOT need to eat all your fat if you are trying to lose weight (let your body use the fat stores it already has for fuel).

Of course it's low carb, but it's also moderate protein and high fat.

She was complaining about not liking to eat the fat. I mean we run out of choices pretty fast if carbs are set so low. The fat is also a calorie-filler. Are you suggesting to not eat the fat and go way under calories? Because getting enough calories is important.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,368 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    No, I am suggesting that she up the protein and tone down the fat. Lots of ways to up the protein and still get the necessary calories - fish, protein shakes, lean meats, etc. Heck, you can even go with fattier cuts of meat like dark meat chicken or turkey and still reach fat goals without having to drown everything that you eat in bacon grease or olive/coconut oils. Avocado is also a nice choice for fats since the net carbs from an avocado are very small.

edited for clarity.
  • lbzmse
    Options
    How do I open my diary?
  • Myrtle96
    Myrtle96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You go to Settings---> Account Settings ---> Diary Settings----> Diary Sharing. Then you change it to "Public" and click Save Changes.