One year on

Just over a year ago I hit my goal weight of 150lb, yes technically still around 10lb overweight, 140lb down in my starting weight. To celebrate hitting my goal weight I ran my first chipped half marathon at Clacton, I wasn't fast but I got over the finish line in 2:43, quite the achievement for someone that 2 years previously could barely walk across a room.
This year to celebrate a year of maintaining I ran the same race again, conditions were much tougher this time round, a good 10km was in to a 20mph headwind and I struggled from 14km onwards. But I still finished in 2:33.
The photos were taken just after each race, my weight is the same in both, but my body shape (and confidence) has changed immeasurably in the last year.
It's taken a lot of work (I think maintaining can be just as hard or even harder than losing as you don't have the changing numbers on the scale to motivate), I run, go to high intensity classes, have 5xPT sessions a week and lift relatively heavy. But when I see side by side photos like this it's all worth it.

Replies