Gold's Gym Waist Trimmer Belt?

Options
Has anybody used the gold's gym waist trimmer belt? I used it a few times before but not consistant. I was wondering if anybody has used it while working out before and gotten good results! TIA

Replies

• IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Has anybody used the gold's gym waist trimmer belt? I used it a few times before but not consistant. I was wondering if anybody has used it while working out before and gotten good results! TIA
    I was wondering the same thing. I have used it a few times... It just makes me hot..lol
  • neocharon
    neocharon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes and I am afraid it is a "waist" of time... terrible pun I know! The true facts are that you can not remove body fat in spots. You have to use a total body fitness and diet approach to expose abs.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*sorry - clears throat*

You cannot spot reduce anything - with exercises, belts, or whatsamajigs - except with lipo. Just because it has "Gold's Gym" on the box does not make it effective.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*sorry - clears throat*

You cannot spot reduce anything - with exercises, belts, or whatsamajigs - except with lipo. Just because it has "Gold's Gym" on the box does not make it effective.
  • Chemmy
    Chemmy Posts: 23
    Options
    I like the Walmart review that reads:
    Cancer was not listed in item description
    06/08/2011
    Irene0nRollerskates

This sounded like a great idea. An item that helps you burn water weight from your mid-section while doing your regular workout. However, when mine arrived the first thing that came out of the box was a warning stating that the material the belt is made of can cause dermatitis, cancers, birth defects and "other reproductive harm". I've done some stupid things in the name of weight loss, but I'm not going to use an item that will give me a terminal disease or risk the harm of my future chances at a family. I only wish this information had been listed on the website so I would have known the risks before buying this junk. It would have saved some time and money for everyone involved.
  • HealthyAlp
    Options
    I have one and I do use it when I am working out. So far it just works as an easy way to raise your body temperature. I usually strap it on when I get cold, haha.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    "Waist" of time guys. It just helps u lose the water weight for a little while.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I like the Walmart review that reads:
    Cancer was not listed in item description
    06/08/2011
    Irene0nRollerskates

This sounded like a great idea. An item that helps you burn water weight from your mid-section while doing your regular workout. However, when mine arrived the first thing that came out of the box was a warning stating that the material the belt is made of can cause dermatitis, cancers, birth defects and "other reproductive harm". I've done some stupid things in the name of weight loss, but I'm not going to use an item that will give me a terminal disease or risk the harm of my future chances at a family. I only wish this information had been listed on the website so I would have known the risks before buying this junk. It would have saved some time and money for everyone involved.

Well then, totally sounds worth it!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I like to wear a full neoprene wetsuit when I workout. Why just focus on my waist?

It's about efficiency, folks.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    None of those type of products work. Except one. There's one that really works well. I will let you know what it is for 3 easy payments of $24.99.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Now, why'd ya have go on and ask this question - as a result THIS stupid ad is sitting on top of my screen!!!

aclk.jpg
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Now, why'd ya have go on and ask this question - as a result THIS stupid ad is sitting on top of my screen!!!

aclk.jpg

LMAO!!
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I like to wear a full neoprene wetsuit when I workout. Why just focus on my waist?

Yeah I wear shorts which go down to my knees and the waist trimmer one. But not the whole suit. LOL But I love the shorts because they really make me sweat!
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I recently got one on sale at TJMax. I don't wear it right next to my skin because I don't like the rubbery feel of it, but when I exercise with it on over my tank top, it still holds in plenty of heat. When I took it off after kickboxing class, my shirt was absolutely soaked under the belt.. I wore it during my weights class at the YMCA today, and noticed that it tends to make me more aware of my core area, and by doing that, helps me remember to tighten the muscles in my stomach area.

I am well within the normal weight range for my height, but have some belly fat I would like to get of. So while there many be no scientific evidence as to whether the waist trimmer belts actually help you spot tone, at least it won't do any harm, and I didn't pay much for it.
  • qtcaro
    qtcaro Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have been using this one for the last couple of workouts, Not sure if it will do anything but it does make my waist sweat more and since it is so cold in our home right now 65 degrees or so it really helps warm up my core so I'm not shivering in my tennis shoes, lol... Wonder though how often I should run it under the sink during the week as it gets pretty soaked, lol
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I use one, yes it makes you sweat.

But I like it for the main fact it acts like a reminder to keep my core engaged.
  • meli_mel25
    meli_mel25 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've used it a few times. I lost weight, but I don't know if the trimmer belt helped. It did make me sweat though! :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Hahahahahahaha! You're funny!
  • debraluckett
    Options
    I just purchased one this week and have been wearing it to work out and just throughout the day. The Pros are: during your work out it does make you sweat but remember that it's only water weight and you gain that back when you rehydrate yourself; during most workouts you are suppose to suck in your 'gut' muscle to increase your strength training and this belt helps you do that; and because it is really thin and not bulky it also helps you look better during your workout because it acts like a girdle. I wear it under my everyday close to go to work, the store, etc. and it's comfortable. And for about $5 at Walmart - you can't beat that. The Cons are: though it is not cheaply made, it's not as sturdy as some other thicker constructed belts. Mine has already started to tear on the inside probably because I wear mine really tight. All in all - I like this product and it does what it is mean to do.
  • marriedwoman305
    marriedwoman305 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It helped me lose 42 lbs.