Running!

bbrwneyes
bbrwneyes Posts: 45 Member
edited October 1 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone tried the couch to 5k or 10k apps and if so, what do you think about them?

thanks

Replies

• maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    I finished couch to 5k and it is AMAZING!! trust me..it's very hard starting out but if you stick with it you will feel so accomplished. the first week i had trouble just finishing the 1 minute runs! and by the last week i was amazed i could run 30 minutes straight and be fine. then i moved on to the ease into 10k app and i'm on week 7. they are both awesome and i would highly recommend them if you are trying to get into running - it helps so much! good luck!
  • I've heard of this Couch to 5k...where do I get that information.
  • DeeKay2169
    DeeKay2169 Posts: 72 Member
    Keeg talk to Deborah.. she did that or something like it. It's pretty neat but I don't remember the details.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    I've heard of this Couch to 5k...where do I get that information.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I used podcasts rather than a smartphone app, as my cell phone is on the dumb side. You'll find a bunch of them on itunes.
  • trinity77
    trinity77 Posts: 35 Member
    couch to 5k is amazing. 3 1/2 months ago i was struggling to run for 30 secs. i'm now nearing the end of the Bridge to 10k and can run comfortably for 1 hr. i really cannot recommend the C25K program enough!
  • bbrwneyes
    bbrwneyes Posts: 45 Member
    Thanks for the info! Those who have tried it, should I start with the 5k or is it ok to just start with the 10k?
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Definitely the 5K - I think the other program takes you from 5K to 10K (hence, "bridge" to 10K), so you'd need to be running comfortably for 30 minutes already.
  • Thank You!!!!
  • SDMHudson
    SDMHudson Posts: 84 Member
    Wow! I didn't know there was apps for this, I'm on my phone searching now. Hopefully Android has them.

My ultimate goal would be to run a 1/2 marathon. I'm always good for starting a program, but never have the time or motivation to complete it. But I guess now is the time.

Can you guys recommend the apps that you guys use, or do you just search for: C25K or 10K an dpick one? Thanks for this post!!!

Selena
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    There is also an "ease to 10K" program that starts off slow like the C25k. I'm just completing the C25k this week myself and ran across the ease to 10k when looking for "what's next." Google ease to 10k and you should find it.
  • Kimbie500
    Can you guys recommend the apps that you guys use, or do you just search for: C25K or 10K an dpick one? Thanks for this post!!!

For Android, I used "C25k Lite." It's free. It doesn't run in background and will pause if you get a call, so you can upgrade to "C25k Pro" if that bugs you. Like $2, I think. When I finish C25k this weekend, I'm going to buy the Bridge to 10K (B210k Pro) app by the same developer. The B210k Pro app also has the "ease to 10K" I mentioned above. It's also $2.
  • SDMHudson
    SDMHudson Posts: 84 Member

For Android, I used "C25k Lite." It's free. It doesn't run in background and will pause if you get a call, so you can upgrade to "C25k Pro" if that bugs you. Like $2, I think. When I finish C25k this weekend, I'm going to buy the Bridge to 10K (B210k Pro) app by the same developer. The B210k Pro app also has the "ease to 10K" I mentioned above. It's also $2.

Thanks for the info. I got B210K/E210K and I'm starting tonight!
  • Kimbie500

Thanks for the info. I got B210K/E210K and I'm starting tonight!

Hope you like it! Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.