Beginning Keto diet and need guidance

Options
Help! I’m going grocery shopping this weekend and don’t want to get the wrong foods. I’ve looked up a few books to find some recipes. I’ve gotten a few here and there. I really don’t know where to start all in one place type of information. Does anyone have their top few Keto foods or recipes they can’t live without or eat often enough? Haven’t seen a Keto section in here. Would love to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, you just have to eat less, and you can eat less of anything. Keto is just a method to make you eat less.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Make small changes, get away from soft drinks, fast food. Eat naturally grown food and know what's in the meals you are eating. Personally I do not believe in "diets" (I have to lose about 70 kg, 150 pounds) - it is a very long term change in lifestyle, a change in my daily meal plan. Record everything you eat on MFP and stick to the macros suggested by MFP. Be patient, take your time - weight hasn't piled up overnight, it will take some time to lose again.
  • safiasamih
    safiasamih Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    gabbiehanna on YouTube made a video on the keto diet go watch it ....keto diet is basically eating all fat and no protein ?
  • Junebug2022
    Junebug2022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get pink salt, magnesium and no-salt to keep your electrolytes up.

I’m a man that doesn’t like to cook much. My things i need everyday are sharp cheese, sour cream, Mayonnaise full fat..... olive oil. thats about it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    safiasamih wrote: »
    gabbiehanna on YouTube made a video on the keto diet go watch it ....keto diet is basically eating all fat and no protein ?

No, that is not what keto is.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    safiasamih wrote: »

Very low carb. Usually high fat moderate protein, but some are doing more protien less fat. The carb level is the main factor in keto.

OP, I suggest you do more research on keto to get a more complete picture of what you can and can't eat, as well as how to hit balanced nutritional goals while on it. You still need to monitor calories, because you can still eat too much on keto. Personally, it's not for me, but some people do well on it.