Anyone wants to loose less than 20 pounds?

Options

Replies

• emajarrett
    emajarrett Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I now have 5 lbs to go having lost 11 lbs so far. This might take me another two months. When I reach that I want to focus more on strength training. . I feel a lot better in my clothes although still too much tummy fat so that has to reduce as can't be healthy. . I'm off to Italy for 5 days soon and worried that I will succumb to all the beautiful food and the diet will go out of the window. I need to be able to do some exercise whilst out there somehow. My friend adores her food and I am worried with drinking too my resolve with crumble. It's going to be challenging to avoid piling it in and piling it on.
    Any tips helpful in the land of pizza and pasta and gelato?! Fruit should be plentiful as I am staying at a farm house but so are their home made cakes!
  • byronhung13
    byronhung13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi. I highly recommend this product, it can help you lose 14 lbs in just a matter of weeks

https://redtea963100763.wordpress.com
  • emajarrett
    Options
    Italy 🇮🇹 + food = +4lbs up
    Ugh .... but totally worth it 😀
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    6kg to lose. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • Klmom123
    Klmom123 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yes ! Trying to lose 10 pounds . I am active too, but I snack. Salty snacks are my weakness . So it’s a battle. I’m down 3 lbs so far .
  • japonessa
    japonessa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 5'5", 147 and want to lose about 10 lbs, if not a little more. It shows a lot in my body because I'm already fairly muscular. I think bc it's not 100 lbs I want to lose, it doesn't seem that urgent -- that it's something I can set aside. But, how long have I been setting it aside for? A long time. I'm trying to take smaller steps as of yesterday and just log in my intake. That seems to work for a lot of people and I think just realizing how much I'm shoving down my pie hole could make me think twice about how the numbers WON'T be to my advantage. So, I'm looking for motivation, advice, a safe place, and some buddies on similar boats to cheer on. I live in NYC where the food is great, can be incredibly cheap, and is a lot of times the center of social life. I consider myself a fairly confident woman, but no one is safe from a little body dysmorphia in this city.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    japonessa wrote: »
    Me too! I'm 5'5", 147 and want to lose about 10 lbs, if not a little more. It shows a lot in my body because I'm already fairly muscular. I think bc it's not 100 lbs I want to lose, it doesn't seem that urgent -- that it's something I can set aside. But, how long have I been setting it aside for? A long time. I'm trying to take smaller steps as of yesterday and just log in my intake. That seems to work for a lot of people and I think just realizing how much I'm shoving down my pie hole could make me think twice about how the numbers WON'T be to my advantage. So, I'm looking for motivation, advice, a safe place, and some buddies on similar boats to cheer on. I live in NYC where the food is great, can be incredibly cheap, and is a lot of times the center of social life. I consider myself a fairly confident woman, but no one is safe from a little body dysmorphia in this city.

Hey! Also from NYC here- I have 15 lbs til goal weight. Agree NYC food is amazing! Ive had to shift to healthier food and smaller portions. I also go to the gym like a fiend!
    Happy to be buddies!
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    emajarrett wrote: »
    I now have 5 lbs to go having lost 11 lbs so far. This might take me another two months. When I reach that I want to focus more on strength training. . I feel a lot better in my clothes although still too much tummy fat so that has to reduce as can't be healthy. . I'm off to Italy for 5 days soon and worried that I will succumb to all the beautiful food and the diet will go out of the window. I need to be able to do some exercise whilst out there somehow. My friend adores her food and I am worried with drinking too my resolve with crumble. It's going to be challenging to avoid piling it in and piling it on.
    Any tips helpful in the land of pizza and pasta and gelato?! Fruit should be plentiful as I am staying at a farm house but so are their home made cakes!

Wish I would have seen your post earlier! How did it go?
    Ahh Italy!! I was there this summer- we go 2- 3 times a year to see my husbands family. I actually had no pizza, pasta or gelato this time around. I just thought - I can get good tasty food at home - and I really want this last 15 off. Produce in Italy is great. So I feasted on that. Chingiale, lamb - local meats and cheeses also fab!
    Hope you had a great time!
  • emajarrett
    Options
    Italy great and I paused the diet.... the impact I put back 4 lbs in 5 days! So big set back for me but I've lost 3 of them now so still plus 1! So now have 6 lbs to go to goal. Strength training going ok and quite enjoy it...I'm a middle aged woman (late forties) so I've had to tell my very young PT to rein it in a bit otherwise legs shot for a week and I can barely get down the stairs in the morning! Lol. I don't regret Italy 🇮🇹
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    Italy great and I paused the diet.... the impact I put back 4 lbs in 5 days! So big set back for me but I've lost 3 of them now so still plus 1! So now have 6 lbs to go to goal. Strength training going ok and quite enjoy it...I'm a middle aged woman (late forties) so I've had to tell my very young PT to rein it in a bit otherwise legs shot for a week and I can barely get down the stairs in the morning! Lol. I don't regret Italy 🇮🇹

Oh sounds like Italia was a great time! Yes! Brava! :)
    I’ve been incorporating more weights too - especially as I reach the goal weight- want to tone up and build more muscle to burn more calories! Oh and being stronger is pretty cool too. Hehe
    Ciao Bella! Buona fortuna! 💪🏻
  • sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have 15 pounds to lose. It's slow going!
  • melbourne2nashville
    Options
    Love this! I’ve lost about 22kg but have been stuck at this weight now for like 8 months... need to lose this last 6-12kg! Been so bad at logging and keep giving up when I know I’ve done it before. We can do this!! The last bit is always the hardest but the most rewarding I hear :)
  • 1976CHesblackandgold
    Options
    I'd like to lose 20lbs. Same 20lbs I've lost about 12 times before. It keeps creeping back :) I'm having trouble with motivation. I seem to be fine until I come home from work and then its like a need a "drink" except my "drink" is a bunch of processed carbs!
  • emajarrett
    Options
    I'm finding the sudden drop in temperatures here making me hungry but I've read that unless shivering the body doesn't need any more calories.... shame! Trying first soups of the season. I'm too struggling with these pesky 7lbs. Just want them gone. Going to be challenged with birthday dinners out next week and lots of cocktails etc..... I'm not logging any exercise at all as I find I just eat back calories. Does anyone use MFP premium and is it worth it?....
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'm finding the sudden drop in temperatures here making me hungry but I've read that unless shivering the body doesn't need any more calories.... shame! Trying first soups of the season. I'm too struggling with these pesky 7lbs. Just want them gone. Going to be challenged with birthday dinners out next week and lots of cocktails etc..... I'm not logging any exercise at all as I find I just eat back calories. Does anyone use MFP premium and is it worth it?....

Don't use premium and don't see the need for it personally. Mfp is designed so you eat back your exercise calories, but sometimes the burn is inflated so I always ate them back with caution, around 50% of them.

However if you're finding it hard losing weight even though you're not eating them back it would suggest you are eating more than you think so if you don't already, start using a food scale and log your intake as accurately as possible.

Enjoy your time in Italy, I adore pasta and I wouldn't not be enjoying it if I was there :smiley: , Italian cuisine is my favourite :smiley: I would minimise any gain by eating around half the portion of pasta and keeping bread to a minimum - hard to do when its fab mind you!! even if you do go all out and enjoy, you'll only gain a few pounds most likely, and in the grand scheme of things that's not bad. Then when back to normality its back to calorie deficit.

Stick with it, because although it might be slow going you will get there in the end :smile:

Ruth
  • FitKim39
    FitKim39 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I only want to lose 9 lbs.
  • frankc468
    frankc468 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m also looking to lose less than 20 pounds. More like 12-15. From what I’ve been reading I may be eating back too many calories from exercise deductions. I work out 5-6 days a week. Sometimes I really wonder why! Maybe if I get down to my goal weight I’ll try to adjust up or down. Good luck with your goals!
  • BetzPod
    BetzPod Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me! Currently 10st 3lb and looking to get to around 9st 7lb for my wedding in February. 10lbs to go.

My heaviest (that I knew) was 13st 5lb when I was pregnant so I’m currently 3st 2lb down which has been a lot more difficult that I anticipated!
  • shellyferguson14
    shellyferguson14 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, in the exact same boat 19.6 to go major sweet tooth factored in large chocolate chip cookie today, worth it
  • DoomSlayer2020
    DoomSlayer2020 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    19lbs to loose, add me if you’d like ☺️🤙🏻💪🏻