The scale

Options
Ok which to you go by, the gym scale, your home scale or the doctor office scale? Each one of them were different.

Replies

• rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I would go with the lowest number :wink:

Or pick either the gym or home and consistently weigh there so you will have a more accurate picture
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Kganger said it best! Go with the lowest number! LOL
  • JS70
    JS70 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? Just wondering how often I should be updating my weight on here.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I would go with the lowest number :wink:

Or pick either the gym or home and consistently weigh there so you will have a more accurate picture

LOL! Me too!!! I usually go with my home scale because I can be naked there and I weigh less. The doctor's office doesn't really like me to strip in front of the other patients. Picky people I tell you!
  • sittoojo5
    sittoojo5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The scale you most use - and that probably would be your home scale! Weight at least once as week, the same day of the week and the same time. Even if your weight is different on each scale, you will get a good idea of how much you are actually loosing or gaining!
  • sittoojo5
    sittoojo5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    weigh yourself weekly - say on Monday mornings - before dressing or eating. Post weekly -!
  • bjalter
    bjalter Posts: 43
    Options
    Obviously not the doctor, unless you go there weekly. Between gym and home, it doesn't really matter, as long as you use one of them consistently.
  • kimcatania
    Options
    I stick with the home scale so I can weigh myself first thing in the morning, naked. That's when I get the best numbers! LOL! When I was working on loosing my original 50+ lbs I weighed weekly. But since I've been maintaining the past few years I weigh daily. That way there's no surprises! Recently I gained about 7 lbs and since I weigh every day I noticed the trend quickly and can make corrections!
  • ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    doctor scales are the worst lol. today was my weigh in and my home scale was down 6 pounds but the doc office only said 3 from the last time i was there almost 2 months ago
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My scale at home is a dial style and the notches are so tiny, it's hard to tell the small changes. The gym scale is the upright balance style like all doctor's used to use - and that's the one I go by to record my weight here. At the doctor's office, I'm always fully dressed and have my afternoon snack in my belly so although it still shows a loss since my last visit, it's not the most accurate.

What's most important is that you weigh yourself consistently. Keep your scale in the same place and weigh yourself around the same time of day wearing either the same thing or nothing if possible.
    Trust me, clothing can make a HUGE difference. A friend of mine weighed in while we were doing Weight Watchers last year and expected a gain because she'd been sick and taking a lot of meds so she stepped on the scale it was up 3 pounds. As she walked away, she realized she forgot to take her cardigan off, so she went back and ended up being the same weight as the week before. That's right, that damn sweater weight THREE pounds!!