Anyone lost weight without exercise..

Options
Hey anybody lost weight without workout...doing only diet..pls reply...

Replies

• JenSchimanski
    JenSchimanski Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes, every time. Exercise makes me hungry and eat more. MFP auto filled macros without exercise I managed 30kg 2016. Exercise makes you look good and feel good but doesnt help with weight loss, in my experience.
  • poonampattani81
    poonampattani81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, every time. Exercise makes me hungry and eat more. MFP auto filled macros without exercise I managed 30kg 2016. Exercise makes you look good and feel good but doesnt help with weight loss, in my experience.

Thnks
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs over the past 18 months (I took diets breaks) without any exercise. I have chronic daily migraines that just disable me so...exercise was just not an option. So yes, it can be done.
  • ABrideToBE
    ABrideToBE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Lost 11lbs in 3 weeks without exercise. Just watch what you eat!
  • poonampattani81
    poonampattani81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thnks guys
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Definitely possible. I lost the first 40 or 50 lbs without exercising. However, once I got in the habit, I LOVE my workouts.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 20 or so pounds primarily with diet. I did start walking most days as well, but it wasn't anything particularly significant. I started exercising for a couple of reasons...the main reason is that regular exercise has numerous health benefits and it's really important for someone who is otherwise sedentary to remain healthy. Secondly, I wanted more calories to work with because I was tired of eating around 1900...with regular exercise I could eat more like 2300 - 2500 calories and still lose 1 Lb per week...bonus, I got my fitness back.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine not exercising. As an older female, if I didn't exercise I couldn't eat a whole lot. But, yes, you can lose weight without it.
  • Cherijf
    Cherijf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did but not intentionally. When I started my journey I focused on portion control and refused to deny myself anything, but used moderation. I began having serious medical issues with walking and ended up on crutches for stability...not much excercise to be had on crutches. Still, lost weight by keeping calorie count down and again portion control. Medical issues figured out after 14 months? Used pool therapy for strengthening, total left hip replacement done 4 weeks ago, right hip to be done in 4-6 weeks. Im told my only restriction is running, cant wait to be able to walk again and then I can begin/resume physical activities. Starting kayaking again as I did when younger at the top of my list!
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yes I have lost weight. I am 5ft 3 and at my top weight I was 165lbs. I am now 117lbs which is great.....however the down side is I have a lot of loose skin. It hangs off my arms and have lots of crepe skin even on my legs. My husband wants me to put some weight back on.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    When I re-started MFP in February of this year, I was barely exercising and I lost weight, but started to pick exercise up as I went along. It started just with walking home (>1hr!) The diet helped me to shed the pounds, but lifting helped me to achieve a leaner/more athletic look. They both have their merits, not least for bone and cardiovascular health...I'd start with the diet and slowly introduce low impact exercise like walking, just to get into the swing of it.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I’m disabled. I have a spinal disease and I can’t hardly walk, stand, or sit in the same position for very long without being in excruciating pain. I’m losing weight just fine without exercise as long as I watch my calories closely.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I’m disabled. I’m losing weight just fine without exercise as long as I watch my calories closely.

Same. Back issues, leg issues, widespread autoimmune pain for 20+ years, you name it.