Pounds vs Inches

Options

Pounds vs Inches

aapplewhaapplewh Member
September 15, 2018 8:46PM in Challenges
I really don’t like to weigh myself because I find that I get discouraged if I don’t see the pounds coming off. So I have decided to take a different approach and measure myself each week to see if the inches are going down. I have decided to use measuring tape and clothing as my barometer of if I’m losing weight. I find that this keeps me motivated and excited about any weight that I have loss. I haven’t found away to record my progress in my diary. Does anyone know of a way to record body measurements in your diary? If not I would like to petition that this be added as a category. 🙂

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You could add it in notes. There might be someplace in the profile where you can track measurements, it’s been awhile since I looked.

Be sure you are very consistent in where and how you measure. Sometimes I can measure twice in a row and get different results. Your changes from week to week will be pretty small, so have appropriate expectations.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Yes, under "progress" if you tap on the "weight" section a pop up will allow you to change the metric you are entering.
  • JosieDen33
    JosieDen33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like this idea.
  • angelarene626
    angelarene626 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you go to the Progress section where you record your weight...and hit the weight section at the top left you will see the options to record for Waist, hips and Neck I believe. I wish they had one for arms though!! But you can at least keep those measurements there. I petition for an Arms option!!! 🙋🏾‍♀️
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you go to the Progress section where you record your weight...and hit the weight section at the top left you will see the options to record for Waist, hips and Neck I believe. I wish they had one for arms though!! But you can at least keep those measurements there. I petition for an Arms option!!! 🙋🏾‍♀️

You can add whatever you want to measure. Click the "Track Additional Measurements" link under "Check-In" where you would track your weight.
  • BRegalado20
    BRegalado20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow I never thought about doing this ! You just got me on board. I too have been feeling upset from seeing the same number on the scale even though I know I'm smaller etc so I love this approach and agree that there should be a way to document this ! :)
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    aapplewh wrote: »

I really don’t like to weigh myself because I find that I get discouraged if I don’t see the pounds coming off. So I have decided to take a different approach and measure myself each week to see if the inches are going down. I have decided to use measuring tape and clothing as my barometer of if I’m losing weight. I find that this keeps me motivated and excited about any weight that I have loss.

That's exactly what I am doing. I am too chicken to face the number on the scale. I'll be doing measurements weekly and pictures monthly (can also be added right on the progress part of the app)
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    If you want to track waist, chest, neck or add any of your own measurements you can do that. On the web:
    47gk4qkzon7v.png

The apps have it as well under progress. Tap the weight and select what you want to measure. I think you can only add from the web section but I could be wrong.
  • BSmitty1001
    BSmitty1001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've definitely enjoyed measuring myself every 2 weeks to track my progress. Since I love, love, love strength training over cardio I don't see very drastic changes when I weigh myself either.

I have noticed that I've been loosing inches as I measure myself and my clothes are fitting better, this gives be immediate satisfaction apart from stepping on the scale every couple of weeks.

I'm with you on that!