Apparently my husband has a new wife..

Options
& IT'S ME!! :)

I went running with a friend yesterday and she told me something that has made me so happy!!!
She told me that recently when we went dancing, one of her friends (who I've only met and have said Hi to about twice) asked her a funny question. Her friend had asked her if my husband and I had separated and who his new partner was. Apparently her friend thought that I was a completely different person. She thought my husband was with a new woman. My friend laughed and told her that it was the new me.. She told me her friend was shocked and embarrassed at the same time. She just could not believe that I was the same person...

So here's to hoping that within the next several months my husband can find a new wife, one that is specifically 40 pounds lighter than his "new" wife.. ; p

Replies

• durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is funny! Here's to hoping that your husband "finds" another wife 40 pounds lighter than you!

Something similar happened to me the other day. I was dropping off my son for his first football practice of the season and another parent when I turned to leave said "oh I didn't recognize you from behind-you look so much taller!" I'm 40 (and 6 feet tall) so I am pretty sure that I haven't grown-but I have lost 20 pounds since school got out!
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!! that must feel good :) you are working so hard and it's paying off! I bet your husband is a happy man!
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    That is AWESOME!! What a wonderful compliment!!! Great job!!
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That was to cute! Congrats on the new you and good luck to the NEWER you!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    very nice. folks have told my wife that its like she has a new husband given my weight loss this year.
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That is too funny.

Good for you!!!
  • 36charlotte
    Options
    wow, I can't wait until my husband has a new wife... ;)
  • Fit_ClaudiaQ
    Options
    Wow! Funny NSV! Keep up the great work woman!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Haha!! This is great! Congratulations. I was at a family thing a few weeks ago and my cousin said "So where's your husband?" Needless to say...I don't have a husband and he thought I was my sister. He kept apologizing out of embarrassment and telling me how good I looked. :)
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    These are the very best NSVs!!!! Thanks for sharing and congrats to all of you who have experienced the mistaken identity NSV! I hope to follow in your footsteps :flowerforyou:
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Great story - LOVE IT!!! Congrats on your hard work!
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    hahaha! I love this!
  • val_140
    val_140 Posts: 75
    Options
    That is funny! Here's to hoping that your husband "finds" another wife 40 pounds lighter than you!

Something similar happened to me the other day. I was dropping off my son for his first football practice of the season and another parent when I turned to leave said "oh I didn't recognize you from behind-you look so much taller!" I'm 40 (and 6 feet tall) so I am pretty sure that I haven't grown-but I have lost 20 pounds since school got out!

It's a great felling to "not" get recognized because it is in such a positive manner. Congrats on your loss!!
  • val_140
    Options
    that's awesome!! that must feel good :) you are working so hard and it's paying off! I bet your husband is a happy man!

Yes!! And the one that has supported me throughout my entire journey.. I think it was time he got a little reward from it.. LOL!
  • lilmeg007
    Options
    what a cute story! congrats!
  • val_140
    Options
    Haha!! This is great! Congratulations. I was at a family thing a few weeks ago and my cousin said "So where's your husband?" Needless to say...I don't have a husband and he thought I was my sister. He kept apologizing out of embarrassment and telling me how good I looked. :)

Feels great huh?? And Congrats on your loss!! That is amazing!!
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! That is a precious story, share it with your husband, I am sure he will get a chuckle and perhaps give you a big hug and kiss:flowerforyou:
  • val_140
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that commented on my post! It really does go to show that anything is possible with dedication. Everyone keep up the good work!! :)
  • val_140
    Options
    Woohoo!! That is a precious story, share it with your husband, I am sure he will get a chuckle and perhaps give you a big hug and kiss:flowerforyou:

Thanks.. I told him as soon as we got home.. He laughed and said that was such a funny story!! That is why I love him.. And there was definitely some hugs and kisses.. LOL! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!