130 pounds

Options
I have waited too long to finally stick to a good diet. I know that realistically I could lose this within 2 years, but I am hoping that it will only take me a little over a year. I just have to be very strict and I cannot let my cravings get the best of me! It just frustrates me because I have lost 70 pounds before and ended up gaining it right back. I know I can do it, but I am so impatient I just want the weight to be off now! I just started a week ago and that's all I can think about ugh. Anyone else trying to lose 100 pounds or more? Or is there anyone else that has that can give any tips? Also, feel free to add me I'd love some support and I am a great supporter😊

Replies

• jorichards2
    jorichards2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good luck. These forums are great for tips and advice. Keep checking in to share your progress and ask for help.
  • kiwiroz
    kiwiroz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try with smaller goals and break it down a bit. The larger number is over whelming to most of us but if you break it down in to say 10 pound blocks each of those is more motivating to achieve and tick off.
  • Karrice12
    Karrice12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Take before pictures and measurements so that you have successes in addition to the scale.
  • Karrice12
    edited September 2018
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Take before pictures and measurements so that you have successes in addition to the scale.

I took a picture starting out, and I'm going to take one every 30 pounds until I hit my goal! Thank you :smile:
  • Karrice12
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    My 2 cents. EDUCATE yourself along the way. Learn to cook healthy foods, where you have control of the ingredients. Study nutrition and which foods have the most nutrient density. Pay attention to what foods satisfy you and what keeps you coming back for more. Regardless of how fast or slow you lose, if you don’t create better habits along the way, you have a much tougher time keeping it off. And — Don’t do anything to lose weight that you couldn’t do forever.

That's very true, I need to make this a whole lifestyle change or I will end up gaining it back like I did last time!