200lbs to lose

Options
readyforchange3781
readyforchange3781 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2018 in Getting Started
Im determined to lose 200lbs im a slow start. first it was dieting and a ton of excuses only. now im excerising, dieting and still some excuses. Im trying to portion control and cut out fast food all the way but its really hard grr.. But i kno i have to do it to succeed. Ive been stuck in this spot for a while. Trying to tell myself rthat living past 50 is more important than fast food. Im an emotional eater and fast greasy food is wut i go to wen im upset. I need advice and friends to motivate me and stay on my bum wen im making excuses

Replies

• schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel..i do similar things. I feel bad binge and then feel guilt for what I did and can trigger more damage. I'm just trying little things at a time and not beating myself up if I mess up.
  • SandyH2015
    SandyH2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I too am an emotional eater. You can do this. We need to find different ways of managing our emotions that don't include food. I will send you a friend request 😊
  • 0nmiwei
    0nmiwei Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We all need people to motivate us and hold us accountable in our journey. Sure we can't make you do anything but we can cheer you on,help you through a tough spot and brain storm options so we don't slip too much. what some don't realize is if you eat your 'I'm upset' go to foods it can triggers a binge. So it is best to just steer clear as much as possible. It can almost be like a drug. I'm all for eating whatever you want in moderation or "cheat meals" every now and again but as an emotional eater you have to be very careful with certain foods :smiley: I think one needs many people to help motivate them as well as hold them accountable in a journey that will not be a quick one. You can do it! One small step at a time!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I really hope you get to your goal. Keep logging all food and drink consistently, get some friends on mfp and do keep up and mutually support each other it helps a lot, keep moving even if it's a little each day and as you lose then you will manage more. Good luck rooting for you.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    research 'mindful eating'. practicing that and honest logging helped me take control.

I'm down 101 with 60 to go and have a burger sometimes, but it is usually a kid size and for psych exercise i eat 1 single fry and toss the rest
  • raquelgroomes
    raquelgroomes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You will kill this! I believe in you!
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Having a support system and group of people sharing your struggle is so important! I find MFP friends motivate me when I'm down and help me keep going!
  • purplicious86
    purplicious86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So many helpful comments in this thread. I struggle with emotional eating as well and it is not easy. I will add you and a few others from this thread if thats okay! I love to support!
  • StarPanic85
    StarPanic85 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have over 200 to lose. I know how you feel. I do so well then i just feel like i cant control myself.
  • annemarie0515
    annemarie0515 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. Sometimes it's more about discipline than motivation!! Log everything every day!