I need more protein in my life help

Options
Can anyone tell me the best, most fun and easiest way i can get more protein into my diet please.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    A healthy diet is balanced and easy to stick to. What's your protein goal, and if you've set it higher than the default % - why?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Dannon fit and active Greek vanilla yogurt, it's awesome! Even better if you add things into it.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of eating cheese, greek yogurt, beef jerky, and (if I have the calories left) chocolate chip Quest bars for snacks when I am low on protein. The Quest bars are best when microwaved for about 10-15 seconds because then it has the consistency of a gooey chocolate chip cookie. Yummmm.

If you're consistently low on protein for the day you should try to add more meat and/or cheese to your regular meals. If you're vegetarian or vegan I can't really help you.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    Maybe:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake ?

Or, the link Dianne suggested above: There's a spreadsheet listing many, many foods, in order by most protein for fewest calories. If you are vegan/vegetarian, you have to scroll down below a bunch of meaty/fishy stuff near the top, but the veg options are there. I'm vegetarian, and I found that thread pure gold.
  • bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    shama9989 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the best, most fun and easiest way i can get more protein into my diet please.

Make a protein shake. Done.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and berries. My breakfast every morning. This morning it was lemon meringue pie protein powder and raspberries. Sometimes it's chocolate/strawberry or salted caramel/berry blend or vanilla/blueberry, etc, etc, etc.

44 grams of protein to start the day!
    qxd3l9p4eskz.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    Prelog your meals and adjust as necessary with a logical protein source to hit more protein. But do answer this first, as we see people here with unnecessarily high protein goals:
    A healthy diet is balanced and easy to stick to. What's your protein goal, and if you've set it higher than the default % - why?