Back again....thought I could do it alone without the site....

Options
I wonder who else has been bouncing back and forth here. Since a year ago, I have only lost three pounds from my original weight. However, when I was faithful to the sight, I lost about 14 pounds in 3 weeks. So that proves this website works. Yes, I realize it is a "lifetime" "lifestyle" change, but when life brings about knocks sometimes that makes everything go down the drain. My husband was so so so proud of my success, kept his mouth shut when he saw me go down the hill, and now about eight months into it, screamed for me to go back on it. Of course, I thought I could handle things, but now a year later have decided that I hate how I have gained 11 pounds back, feel miserable about my own environment, and need your support. I know that besides eating in moderation, a good support system can help carry a person far. So whoever would like not a dumping session, but a truth support system, just give me a holler and let the encouragement begin!

Replies

• purplicious86
    purplicious86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I quit this site 1.5 yrs ago. Then gained... and am now trying... again!
  • SandyH2015
    SandyH2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am back at this again after a few false starts over the years where I would lose a few pounds and then fall off the wagon. I've been back 3 weeks or so. I will send you a friend request so that we can support and motivate each other!
  • bijarkhan
    bijarkhan Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how long your first episode lasted, but mine was a strong 3 weeks. I lost 14 pounds and then took a holiday. When I came back, I was depressed and let myself go. Now I feel as if I hit rock bottom and want to go up. Last time I would have said determined to go back up, but I don't want to gun-ho myself for a fall. So now it sounds like an AA saying, but here's to a day at a time!
  • SandyH2015
    SandyH2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bijarkhan, how about 10 years ago I lost 80lbs and then fell so hard that I gained back 100lbs! Talk about feeling bad. I felt so bad that it has taken me 10 years to really find my mojo again. I did some half hearted attempts and lost 10 or 12 lbs each time but just didn't stick with it. I am 3 weeks in and feel so motivated and encouraged. Part of the key for me has been creating a great network here of friends in similar circumstances so that we can pump each other up when we feel like we might be straying. I haven't been perfect in the last 3 weeks but I have managed to lose nearly 13lbs that I have no intention of finding again!
  • bijarkhan
    Options
    Don't look back, only forward!
  • exhilen
    exhilen Posts: 43 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You’ve done it before, so you know what you need to do. I am currently in a similar boat. I had what felt like injury after injury the last year and half, to the point that I abondoned my 1000+ day account along with friends because I was so frustrated. In the process, I gained about 20lbs back, which has me feeling miserable. But the good news is when you’ve already done something before, it seems a bit easier to get back in the rhythm of things. It just takes that extra will power to get started.
  • bijarkhan
    Options
    It's funny how a lot of people have been through similar circumstances and starting over.
  • MsDany_L
    MsDany_L Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I’m in a similar boat! I’m starting back up again after falling off for a while.
  • bijarkhan
    Options
    It's never too late. I call it back sliding and guilt brings me forward!
  • emof3169
    emof3169 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, seems like this is the group for me! Starting over! Over the last five years been struggling to get weight off! Everytime I'm doing well something happens. My sister passed had to take in my niece! Had to put dad in home! Had to have cardiac procedure for irregular heat beat, car accident and physical therapy! BUT NOW I'M "HEALTHY" & Somewhat "stress free"! So MY goal is to lose about 40 lbs before my 50th birthday! Yep, 6 months! I've started by doing TRX and meal prep(calorie counting)! Would love help with the meals or any suggestions! I'm not allergic to any food and i pretty much easy everything. Hence, my problem! Love to hear from you!
  • LennyLentils
    LennyLentils Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Hi! I'm looking for super supportive friends who I can support on their journey x add me x I'm a 35 year old mum of two who has approximately 30 kgs to lose. I'm on about my 3rd attempt 😏
  • bijarkhan
    Options
    I have an ideal of 51 pounds to lose. I'm on my second real attempt and hopefully the last because this is a "lifestyle" (it really is) change.
  • PinkCapitals
    PinkCapitals Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Similar situation. I gained 10 extra pounds and decided to come back after 3 years but this time I actually want to keep it consistent this time. Good luck to everybody! May hardwork & motivation help us all, cheers
  • bijarkhan
    Options
    I'm taking baby steps at a time. I had started a group in the past...which is still there, but I deleted everyone because nobody every responded. But on one section, I posted before/after pics. I took my picture for this attempt and now six days later I took it again. My pic looks different, so then I had the gumption to weigh myself. I found out I lost two pounds, which seems like nothing due to the fluctuation of pounds from morning to night. But for me I weigh more at night than day....so I feel like on cloud 9. So baby steps with the hard work and motivation is going to make a difference!
  • msdee7679
    msdee7679 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too am back again! How so you gain 30+ lbs in 6 months...easy ask me. I was doing so well too! Well, I have be able to accomplish wt loss once, so I think I can do it again....I hope. I will stick to the plan this time. I will not let life interfere with taking care of me!
  • bijarkhan
    Options
    We have to keep reminding us that, so there are no chances of going back!
  • bijarkhan
    Options
    Lenny, I coukd not figure out how to add you as a friend. If you have figured it out you can add me if you like.
  • bijarkhan
    Options
    Haven't heard from anyone for a few days. What has everyone been up to? I hope keeping up with logging in and exercising!