Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

I need to stay motivated to lose another 30 lbs!

kybakes96kybakes96 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
I’ve been working out everyday and staying under my calorie goal, but the past few days I feel like my motivation has been so low and i hate it 😫! I need some friends that will help me stay motivated and keep me on track!

Replies

  • RSr09RSr09 Member Posts: 13 Member Member Posts: 13 Member
    One decision at a time. I like to follow 80/20 rule
  • Dhawa74Dhawa74 Member Posts: 13 Member Member Posts: 13 Member
    I got your back...lets go!
  • kybakes96kybakes96 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    What’s the 80/20 rule?
  • kommodevarankommodevaran Member Posts: 17,891 Member Member Posts: 17,891 Member
    nvm
    edited August 2018
  • competeagaincompeteagain Member Posts: 770 Member Member Posts: 770 Member
    80% of the work is done by 20% of the people
  • kommodevarankommodevaran Member Posts: 17,891 Member Member Posts: 17,891 Member
    The the 80/20 rule is usually referred to as the Pareto principle - like @competeagain gave an example of. But in this context, it's "eat a variety of nutritionally dense foods for 80% of your calories, and do whatever you want with the remaining 20%".
  • arsoria24arsoria24 Member Posts: 111 Member Member Posts: 111 Member
    kybakes96 wrote: »
    I’ve been working out everyday and staying under my calorie goal, but the past few days I feel like my motivation has been so low and i hate it 😫! I need some friends that will help me stay motivated and keep me on track!

    You got this 💪🏽 everyone goes through a slump, you’ll get out of it!!!
  • BecMarty14BecMarty14 Member Posts: 351 Member Member Posts: 351 Member
    What workouts are you doing? Are you bored of your routine?
  • countcurtcountcurt Member Posts: 593 Member Member Posts: 593 Member
    What are the reasons you want to lose weight. This is important because while motivation fluctuates, your reasons don't.* Focus on the reasons you want to lose weight, then on executing your plan.


    You should also take some time to focus on reasons you don't want to lose the weight or weigh less. As your weight has come down, you may view things a bit differently and these factors may change. So knowing what your personal barriers are can be extremely helpful.


    * I get that people sometimes change their reasons for wanting to do things, but that's a deliberative process whereby conscious decisions are made.
  • massivepocketmassivepocket Member Posts: 9 Member Member Posts: 9 Member
    I'm in a similar situation, but I will say this is the first that I'm finding my weight loss journey is actually going in the right direction, and that I'm not completely hating myself every day for it. The reason, I think, is a balance between short-term and long-term thinking.

    Think Short Term: I'm not thinking about losing this 30lbs; I'm thinking about losing 2-3lbs over the next couple of weeks.

    Think Long Term: I'm not thinking about the occasional blips, or the inevitable weight fluctuations - my weight loss graph is going generally in the right direction, and that's what matters.

Sign In or Register to comment.