New and 60lbs to lose help

I just found this site on Monday and have 60 lbs to lose with an under active thryoid I would appreciate any advice anyone can give as I have yo yo dieted for years and just want to lose this weight for good.:frown:

Replies

• wolfiesgirl
    wolfiesgirl Posts: 59 Member
    Hi, good luck! Feel free to add me. I'm 71 lbs down so far about another 14 lbs to go.x
  • Welcome!! The first step is the hardest my friend - but you did it! I love this site and it really keeps me on track as you never realize what your eating until you track it! Stay focused, surround yourself with like minded people and celebrate the little wins along the way. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need the support!!

Lorraine
  • JaymaLee6
    JaymaLee6 Posts: 2 Member
    I am new here too.. I just found the site today and very happy about it might I add. =] I have tried so many diets and nothing worked for me until March of this year. I was 209... And know I am down to 164lbs. I still have a ways to go but I found that It is becoming harder and harder to do this alone. I did a few things that might help you as well. I did a yeast cleanse, cut the sugar intake down and replenished my hormones. I also drink at least 1/2 gal of water a day... I hope that you look into these strategies. And stay strong... You will succeed.. xo
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Follow the guidelines.. track your food, get your exercise in and drink lots of water. Ask for help/support if you need it. Take it 5lbs at a time and 60lbs will be here beofre you know it. You state that you have an underactive thyroid. I'm assuming its controlled with meds, if it isn't.. start there because otherwise you're fighting against yourself.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Being on this site and logging your meals is a great start! Yo-yo dieting can fail if you try to do to much too soon. Example: you might like sodas a LOT...instead of cutting them off cold, ween yourself off of them. Eventually transition to diet drinks...to, say, green tea. Increase your water intake. Go from white bread and white rice to whole wheat bread and brown rice. Baby steps. All while staying under your daily calorie limit. And be ACTIVE. Whether you're walking or running, swimming or kickboxing, it's all for the greater good...("The greater good" -- a little Hot Fuzz humor).

Best of wishes!! I'll help you along the way!! :)
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Hello & welcome; you've come to the right place; we all help each other. You can add me as a friend if you wish.
  • jacqueline1202
    jacqueline1202 Posts: 13 Member
    Welcome! I joined on Monday and also have 52 lbs to lose. It's a scary thought but we can do it!

Using this site & the app I've managed to stick to my 1400 calories for the last 3 days. It doesn't sound like a big achievement but believe me it is!

Add me as a friend if you like, we can track our progress together.

Good luck!