Protien Shakes/Powder, I need some options!

Options
What are you favorite protein shakes? I want one that will boost me after a workout, not using it as a meal replacement-- I am currently using GNC Lean Shake French Vanilla, its really good but a bit pricey. I WAS considering trying out Body by VI, but it seems sketchy with the "auto enroll monthly" to keep buying it. I'd rather not go that route!

Replies

• Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I use the Hardcore Precision Whey Protien shakes soley as a source of protien after workouts. I mainly chose this one because it was on half price offer when i went to the shop, so instead of being £30 its £15 which is much better for me and it lasts ages.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Whey
    BSN Syntha-6
    MyoFusion
    Magnum Quattro 4-stage Isolates

All taste great.
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options
    Great to know, I hate trying out new brands and finding out they taste like chalk and are hard to swallow!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I currently love Syntrax Nectar chocolate truffle - no carbs, 100 calories, 24 grams of protein per scoop. Mixed with milk, it is yummy. Blended with ice, coffee, and milk, it tastes like a frappuccino.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Prue Protein Plus at Sams Club, good amount of protein, low carb, 130 cals
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    Body by Vi doesnt have all the ingredients in it that your body needs plus it has artificial sweeteners. I just eat protein bars when I want something like that b/c i drink a meal replacement that has 70+ super foods in it and keeps me satiated & has tons of protein in it too. Good luck w/ your research.

PS if you get a protein bar then dont get pure protein, that one tastes awful. it's really chalky, i dont like the flavor of the shake either but that's just me.
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress chocolate and peanut butter chocolate are my fav, cookies and cream isn't bad but the stawberry... I'd steer clear. It's about 15 bucks at walmart and that lasts me about a month. I use skim milk with it, 26g of protein per serving
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've been using Pro Performance Amplified Whey Protein in chocolate the last couple of weeks. They sell it at GNC for $30something, but I grabbed it at Sam's for $18.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard is a good product. Get the Whey. Its at GNC but way cheaper on Amazon!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Ooops forgot to say the Strawberry one is lovely but the banana one I found needs more milk in to make it taste better. I've not tried any of the other flavours yet because one tub lasts so long
  • Linzmyers
    Linzmyers Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i just started using ISO-100 by Dymatize. flavors berry and chocolate tatse awesome!!! 1 scoop with water is all you need, no milk
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options
    Body by Vi doesnt have all the ingredients in it that your body needs plus it has artificial sweeteners. I just eat protein bars when I want something like that b/c i drink a meal replacement that has 70+ super foods in it and keeps me satiated & has tons of protein in it too. Good luck w/ your research.

PS if you get a protein bar then dont get pure protein, that one tastes awful. it's really chalky, i dont like the flavor of the shake either but that's just me.

YOur absolutely right about body by vi, I was just reading their ingredients, not impressed with the artificial sweeteners, they are so bad for your liver.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I currently use:
    http://www.atlargenutrition.com/products/nitrean-46
    It is a blend of whey, egg and casein protein.
    Men's Health Magazine "Best Protein Powder 2008, 2009, 2010"
    4.6 lbs. $54.95

I used to use:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
    Whey protein. If I go back to a whey only supplement I will go back to this.
    www.bodybuilding.com "Supplement of the Year 2009-2010" and "Protein powder of the Year 2009-2010"
    5 lbs. $47.99, 10 lbs. $84.99
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I Just order, then cancel my auto ship. Then order again and cancel again...
  • rwno2
    rwno2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Herbalife 24? It is tailored to athletes and workouts. There is also H3O energy drink.

From the Herbalife website:
    Herbalife24 Rebuild Endurance
    Overview
    Glycogen replacement and muscle recovery.*
    Tri-core protein-amino blend of free amino acids, whey and casein proteins create a sustained muscle-building state*
    Rapid and sustained-release carbohydrate blend replenishes glycogen while providing a steady insulin response*
    Branched-chain amino acids support muscle recovery*
    Carnitine speeds muscle recovery*
    Glutamine supports immune function and promotes muscle repair*
    Details
    Recovering after intense aerobic activity requires both replenishing glycogen and rebuilding muscle. Rebuild endurance contains an engineered blend of carbohydrates to help jumpstart glycogen replenishment. A tri-core protein-amino blend of free amino acids, whey and casein proteins, help rebuild muscle and speed recovery.*

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.