If every day were like today...You'd weigh ___ pounds in 5 w

Options
Just curious. Do other people go back 5 weeks to see if you are at the weight that myfitnesspal says you should be at? I'm about 10-12 pounds higher than myfitnesspal says I should be from 5 weeks ago. I need to make sure I'm eating the same amount of calories on a more consistent basis.

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I has been saying I should of been in my 130s for two months now. lol I am at 141lb. I am not complaining.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I have never gone back to check, but I'm hoping it is right! LOL
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are you actually clicking back or did you write it down? Clicking back shouldnt give you the same results unless you havnt lost anything since that time.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    The thing about that if every day were like today thing is ... it changes everyday .. because it literally means if it were exactly like that everyday! Same calories burned and calories consumed. Most humans do not do this, and that is why it changes on daily basis. It is really only there for motivation and to show you how good choices will yield better results..and poor ones will make you sad! But, it is pretty accurate though.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure? It says I should weigh 159.9 in 5 weeks but I think that must be from my weight today, cause I was about 180 then and theres no way i would be losing 20lbs in 5 weeks lol.
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    I just take it as a guideline...I want to make healthy choices but I am also being realistic. Some of my days are better than the others. This is a life long learning curve for me, but I am not beating myself up anymore. The all or nothing attitude is what was my downfall in the past.
  • jamie117100
    Options
    I have only been at this for almost three weeks, really about two or two in a half. I t said in five weeks I should be 157. Right now I am not even close and I should have about another two to two and a half more weeks to go. Hopefully it is right. I will need to lose almost 20 pounds to get there. :indifferent:
  • MiaMcBetty
    Options
    You have to remember it's just a general estimate based on what you ate for that one day.. And every day is not the same. So I think it's completely normal to not be the exact (or evel close) to the weight that MFP suggested "5 weeks ago"
    If you're losing, you're winning!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i'm 323.8 at the moment it says i should be 119 in 5 weeks(but it depends on the amount of exersice i do!(last night was the lower one which was 114)but i also done tons of exersice too!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have a spreadsheet where I track everything..weight, inches, steps taken for the day, workout start and end dates, everything. I have been tracking the "5 weeks you will be" and I have been pretty close even right on a few times. Today I weigh 5 ounces more than they say I should...it gives me that little push if I need to exercise more or eat better...but I know it is not exact and take that into consideration..I just find it fun:blushing:
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I put it in my diary as I'm sure I'm not really going down the way it says I should. Not too bothered as I'm pretty near my goal weight anyway but I would like to check.
  • dansmiths1978
    Options
    It's been pretty spon on for me maybe a pound or 2 wrong either way. but hey nothings perfect..

6649055.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It was accurate for me...I lost a bit more actually. But then I started to slip and was really up and down with my consistancy.....I'm back on track.....

When I finish each day I take the weight i should be in 5 weeks......go ahead on my food calendar....and enter it in the notes section.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I just take it with a grain of salt. Everyone's bodies are different, lose weight at different rates. Yes, it would be great if it were true!!
  • akgary
    akgary Posts: 52
    Options
    lol i just posted this to my friends on here that im going to actually see if i will be that weight in 5 weeks, im writing down everyday what is says i will be according to workout and what i eat its always about the same so im going to average it at the end of the 5 weeks and see how close i get, i know it sounds like alot of work but im really interested to see if it is correct or not:)
  • Alexandria_
    Alexandria_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use it more as a motivator. I don't mind if it's not exactly right, it's still pretty powerful for me to see the weight I could be. It's like me realising, every evening when I press that button, that I can make it.
  • akgary
    akgary Posts: 52
    Options
    thats a great way to look at it as well, i feel empowered by it too:)
  • kathytexas
    Options
    Thanks. I enjoyed reading your responses. I use it more as a motivator also and take into account that there are several days a week where I eat too many calories. It does show what eating low calories consistently can do and that it only takes a little bit of "messing up" to effect your weight loss (or should it be Affect weight loss....I get those words mixed up, LOL)

Weight loss is an ongoingwork in progress........