Periods and diets advice!

Options
Help. It’s always bad and I’m usually stuck in bed for the first few days with the pain and fatigue

Slacking your diet for a few days for the sake of your uterus, yes or no?

Usually, I would be armpits deep in junk food by now but trying to stick to it. Any tips?

Replies

• MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Eat at maintenance for a couple of days.
    Love this tip! I know I'm often hungrier just before or sometimes a day or two into my period.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? I have found that once I became regularly active this minimized (and now eliminated) any cramps and bloating I used to have. However I also agree with the others that maintenance for a day or 2 won't derail your progress.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Help. It’s always bad and I’m usually stuck in bed for the first few days with the pain and fatigue

Slacking your diet for a few days for the sake of your uterus, yes or no?

Usually, I would be armpits deep in junk food by now but trying to stick to it. Any tips?

No. My hours are horrendous, workouts demanding, so it naturally rolls in to my monthlies.

Teach your mind and body to push through it. Adjust to eat at maintenance if necessary ... I don't, but you might need to, in order to prevent overeating. Don't buy foods that set you off. It usually is that one packet of something, no matter how small.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    have you had a full medical workout to make sure you don't have any medical issues that are causing the pain/fatigue?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    have you had a full medical workout to make sure you don't have any medical issues that are causing the pain/fatigue?

Yeah I can't imagine submitting to getting derailed like that without exploring options. OP have you had any medical advice?
  • MissLifeDetox
    MissLifeDetox Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Are you exercising? I have found that once I became regularly active this minimized (and now eliminated) any cramps and bloating I used to have. However I also agree with the others that maintenance for a day or 2 won't derail your progress.

Been working out 4 or 5 days a week for last month or so and eating well but seems to have still hit me with a vengeance 🙈
  • MissLifeDetox
    Options

Been diagnosed with PCOS years ago, my hot water bottle it my forever side kick!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

Been working out 4 or 5 days a week for last month or so and eating well but seems to have still hit me with a vengeance 🙈

Keep going! Its not an overnight fix. Took me >1 year to finally be rid of any PMS symptoms. Prior to that Aleve and a heating pad were my best friends.
    ETA: and I have PCOS as well (just saw your last post)
  • MissLifeDetox
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thats super encouraging to hear! thanks x