Easy bfast ideas

I have a toddler and dont have time to make me a meal most days what are some foods yu eat in the AM?

Replies

• arsoria24
    arsoria24 Posts: 110 Member
    I usually cook eggs the night before when my kids go to bed, and just heat them up in the morning. But if I don’t do that, I’ll eat a banana and a protein shake 😀.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    I have enough room in my daily calories I can have a processed microwave meal for breakfast. My current go-to meals are El Monterey Breakfast burritos, and grocery store cinnamon rolls (I get mine at Bi-Lo and was able to ask bakery staff for calorie count on items baked in house). Can also have a bagel with fruit spread and stay under calorie allotment.

May not sound like the "healthiest", but it fills me up for 3-4 hours (up to 5 if work keeps me too busy to notice i'm getting hungry). Also, calorie counts can be surprisingly good, I stick to breakfasts under 300 cal a pop.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Plain greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and berries. Change up the protein powder flavor and type of berry as you like.

cjyibrio2yc5.jpg
  • I’m a toast person, slice of toasted bread with a tbsp of pine nut hummus and topped with random veg like tomato, avocado, etc. Or peanut butter banana with a sprinkle of cinnamon if I want some thing sweet. So many toast varieties! I get the no time thing, I have two kids 8 and 2 so time is hard to come By!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Can you eat what your child eats, when he/she eats? That sounds like the easiest.
  • dngutierrez94
    dngutierrez94 Posts: 9 Member
    All such great ideas ! Thanks so much really helpful
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    I have either Greek Yogurt or Shredded Wheat with Almond Protein Milk.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Sandwich
    Yogurt
    Granola bar
    Fruit
    Dinner leftovers
    Instant oatmeal
    Cereal with milk
    Muffin
    Bagel
    Cottage cheese
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    A slice of Health Nut bread, toasted. Top it with a TBSP of peanut butter and sliced banana. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Yummy! (And easy!)

I also like the Chobani flips yogurt a lot, and I'm not ordinarily a huge yogurt fan.

Sometimes I'll go for raisin bran with milk and a banana.
  • ndutyme10
    ndutyme10 Posts: 11 Member
    1 boiled whole egg
    1 boiled egg white
    2 pieces of baked bacon
    cofee
    french vanilla creamer

total around 212
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    I have a 13 month old too so I hear you! I do either an english muffin with eggs (I do scrambled in the microwave) or just the scrambled eggs depending on what pre-plan for calories or how hungry I am
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    I make eggs and chicken breakfast sausage the night before and heat up at work in the morning for breakfast. I usually leave the eggs a little wet so they don't dry out when I microwave them the next day.
  • Blondie_130
    Blondie_130 Posts: 22 Member
    Packet of high fibre oatmeal (I like raisins and spice flavour)
    15 grams natural peanut butter
    Half a banana, sliced
  • I usually have cereal 🥣 with skim/trim milk. Or toast 🍞, or sometimes yoghurt with fruit 🍈 🍇 and a few almonds or walnuts. I don’t have young children .But I start work pretty early , so time is limited.
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    I make a pot of oatmeal on Monday and eat that all week.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited September 2018
    I have a toddler and dont have time to make me a meal most days what are some foods yu eat in the AM?

With my toddler Godchild, his favourite breakfast fixings usually are in this vein:
    • Pesto scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes on toast
    • Egg spinach omelet on toast + Oranges
    • Egg, tomato scramble on toast + Strawberries/Greek Yoghurt
    • English muffin egg sandwich with bacon
    • Poached eggs with bacon and tomatoes on toast

When rushing, the go-to quick breakfasts always are:
    • Blueberries with Greek Yoghurt
    • Stovetop rolled oats/steel cut with 2 toppings (cream cheese and fruit or cream cheese and peanut butter) ** His absolute favourite of all favourites
    • High protein no protein powder smoothie (sometimes frozen)

When he is around, I will eat breakfast. Majority of the time, it's my favourite savoury oatmeal with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, a slight hint of honey and cream cheese plus vanilla almond milk and slithers of almonds.
  • LorrainePace
    LorrainePace Posts: 2 Member
    Decaf coffee, 1 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp MCT oil, blend, drink. Keto.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    I've never been a breakfast eater. My normal breakfast is coffee, then a protein shake on the way to school. Requires very little time to make and gives me enough to keep me going until lunch.
  • Icrizz
    Icrizz Posts: 69 Member
    I usually have a toasted English muffin with peanut and a banana, or oatmeal with peanut butter, hemp seeds, and fruit, or a toasted bagel
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Hard boil a dozen eggs when you have 15 minutes of spare time. Peel and eat.