Looking for challenges and accountability!

Options
As someone who is no longer in the professional world (stay-at-home mom currently), I don't really have as much motivation to be savvy with my diet choices and I VERY easily give into wine at the end of the day. I'm looking to kick the wine altogether and eat better. I have been doing ok with exercise for the past 6+ months but lately I have been ramping up. 3-5 times a week either running 5K or strength training. As a Texan, my running has been garbage lately because of all the humidity, but I am hoping to get back to it now that autumn is SLOWWWWLY upon us! Happy to participate in challenges or just be motivation buddies--I think feeling accountable is a big part of what drove me here.

Replies

• FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I think mom is a very important profession. And deserving of a relaxing glass at the end of a day. Sounds like you’re doing it all right with the exercise. You’ll be an inspiring motivational buddy I’m sure.
  • ellenaim
    ellenaim Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really love being at home with the kiddo, but it's not a relaxing glass of wine, it's like...a relaxing most-of-the-bottle lol. (Over several hours in the evening, BUT STILL. ;) I think cutting it out for a while will let me get back to JUST a nice glass in the evening! And thank you!!
  • competeagain
    competeagain Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Parenting it super tough
    You got this
    Moderation is the key, right?
    Have your glass and call it a night
    Switch to water
    :)
    Do it, or else!!! Haha
    I’ll go drill Sargent on ya! Haha
  • htdavidson88
    htdavidson88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me! I may be in Georgia but we can still motivate each other. Have you tried Zumba Strong yet? It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!! You can watch/do a lot of different workouts on YouTube for free. Pop Sugar Fitness on there has a lot of different types so you never get bored and depending on how old your kids are, they can do them with you. My 10 year old joins me but dips out about 10 minutes in because he's bored!
  • ellenaim
    Options
    Moderation is everything, @competeagain! I'm just going to cut out the glass for a while! I do great til mid-week usually lol.

@htdavidson88 Haha, my kiddo is 3.5 so she usually just gets in the way, but she LOVES the idea! Right now I alternate running on some mornings and maybe x2 a week hit my rec center for a "body pump" class that uses weightlifting. I haaaaate running because I really suck at it but I'm hoping to do a 10K in November maybe. (HAHAHAHAH) Thanks for the Zumba Strong/Pop Sugar ideas--those would be great for when my morning exercise just doesn't happen if it happens to be a preschool morning!! Or hell, I'll just keep trying it with her!
  • competeagain
    Options
    Probably a really good idea @ellenaim !!
    You working out at all?
  • ellenaim
    Options
    3-5 times a week--alternating running (usually about 5K) and doing a body pump class at my rec center. That class kills me, I love it. I'm hoping to work up to a 10K by November but running is NOT my strong suit!
  • competeagain
    Options
    Running...ugh lol
    What’s your favorite thing to do to workout other than wine curls?
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Mine's a similar story: stay-at-home (retired), a couple of beers every afternoon, no cardio because it's friggin' hot (California central valley)...
  • ScottCruger
    ScottCruger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    85 lbs gone over past 3 years. Last 15 still to go. Stepping up my game with a trainer and serious cardio and strict low, low carb diet. Determined !!!
  • Roger15Z
    Roger15Z Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You want humidity try running in Louisiana and Georgia my sweat sweats out here lol. Just have to stick with it, little by little it gets easier I promise.