No support

Options
What do you do when life goes badly or someone is angry with you and theres no one in your life to comfort you without judgement or cheer you up? Where do you go?

Ive made a habit of turning to food but that just makes the problem worse in the long term.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I take a yoga class or get a pedicure.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I hear you! It's taken a lot of work, but I'm working on not turning to food in times of stress. Sometimes I do great at it, sometimes not so much. But MFP is great, there's lots of support here!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    What do you do when life goes badly or someone is angry with you and theres no one in your life to comfort you without judgement or cheer you up? Where do you go?

Ive made a habit of turning to food but that just makes the problem worse in the long term.

Self love, being my own best friend. Reminding myself that I’m only sabotaging myself when I fall off the bandwagon. So If I feel bad vibes, I do some cardio, take a hot shower, light my candles and Netflix and chill by my lonesome.
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I chew gum like some people smoke cigarettes.
  • Mishilovescolours
    Options
    That’s good that you acknowledge that you do that. I am really sorry that you feel you have no support . Believe me, I know what that is like. And I also know what damage food can do when we let it be our best friend, our pain fixer, and support system. I have done this since I was a young girl. And now in my fifties all it has got me is compromised health, and a very overweight body with a whole lot of side effects that go along with it. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. That is great you have joined fitness pal, and that you want to not let food be your crutch. Unfortunately there will always be critical or unhelpful or mean people around. Ignore them, I don’t know what they get out of being like that. There are lots of people who do care and you can talk to. Maybe doing fun things that make you happy when you feel bad. Like listening to music, going out in the fresh air, having a nice bubble bath 🛀🏼, pampering yourself, lighting a candle. Take care x
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    If I'm upset or something, I'll go for walks. Sometimes really long ones. Sometimes with some running in there. But always heading outside. Best place for mulling stuff over, IMO. No music, audiobooks, podcasts.

I walk daily anyways, but sometimes this is extra.
  • jaderoatch5716
    jaderoatch5716 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hear you I just went back to school its surprising how just little things can even help
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Self love, being my own best friend. Reminding myself that I’m only sabotaging myself when I fall off the bandwagon. So If I feel bad vibes, I do some cardio, take a hot shower, light my candles and Netflix and chill by my lonesome.

This. All the way. And trying not to internalize every negative thing that comes my way, even if someone else is trying to dump it on me.
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I think you guys should all check out the FAT2FIT - Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group... This is a great group and I think you would all fit in really well.

We have five separate teams each with its own chat room. There are about 40 people per team and we all chat, help each other out, encourage and support each other and still have a little fun while working together to help each other lose weight and stay focused and on track.

Please, take a minute and check out the group... We'd love to have you all.

GROUP PAGE:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

REGISTRATION PAGE:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10669784/fat2fit-wlc-registration-page-october-registrations-now-open#latest