I'm gonna do it this time...

Options
Hi - I'm just starting my weight loss journey. I have had 2 kids... needless to say, I need some help.

I cook a lot by scratch and counting calories that way is so difficult. So I needed help and I went to my iPod for help.

I found the myfitnesspal app, and the reviews were astoundingly positive so I downloaded it. It has the exact feature I wanted - figuring out the calories of recipes I make from scratch.

So here I am now - learning about counting calories and being able "see" exactly what I'm eating.

Now the next step - being apart of the community, building some accountability with people who can really identify with the difficulty of the journey.

Thanks for this forum, for the awesome iPod app, and for the community!

Replies

• janetj518
    Options
    WELCOME!!! Great to have you here. This is a great site...full of encouragement and advice!! Good Luck with you journey!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new community!
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place. This place is amazing. Recipes, support, motivation. It has it all. Oh, and it makes it SO easy to track and plan things.

Welcome and congrats on your first step of many!
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've just "re-started" a few weeks ago myself. Totally changed my mind set and way of thinking this time around and it's been so much easier! Feel free to add me. I know how important the accountability is. If you need direct accountability or whatever, just let me know! It would help me too!
  • robynw28
    Options
    Good luck! Being able to actually see the calories of what im eating has been the best for me!
  • KatScarberry
    KatScarberry Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I'm somewhat of a newbie myself but I absoutely love it here! Wishing you the best - feel free to add me if you're in need of a cheerleader!!!

:flowerforyou:

Kat
  • mdpebbles
    Options
    Welcome, you have found a good support. I joined just 2 months ago and has lost 24 lbs. so far. But remember to exercise everyday... anything,,,something even if it is just taking a walk with the kids.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place. I've been here almost 2 months and I've lost 13 lb. It feels great. Lots of support here too , stay here!!!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    welcome, everyone here is awesome...friend me!
  • 2girlymama
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes! I'm getting quite overwhelmed with the wealth of knowledge and experience with these community members! I can't seem to read things fast enough! And I have a million questions floating around in my head.

Thanks!