My only problem...

Options
Hey guys I'm Allison and this is my first time posting.

SW:192.5
LW:160
CW:173

I'll do an intro post in the other board but in here I just wanted to say that I love eating healthy, I work out almost everyday and do great workouts, eat 5-6 times a day, and drink 100+ ounces of water a day. I'm toned but def have the 40 pounds left to lose. I've lost 20 so far. I know what I'm doing with this and how to lose weight. I'm going to school to become a nutritonist so I need to get it together and become a healthy weight and get happy with my body! No one is going to listen to a chubby nutritionist!

My problem is that I live with my family right now and there is junk all around. I will not go out of my way and buy junk or even go through fast food because I just don't let myself do that. If it's not around me I won't think about it but since it's all around, it's hard to say no to and once I break my diet for the day, I just binge and not even think about it. I really need to stop and it really saddens me that this is my only downfall in my weight loss journey.
I'm hoping my boyfriend and I are able to get a place during the summer because he's a body builder and just as health conscious as i am and I don't ever eat junk around him so I know there would never be junk in the house but until then, any tips?

:/

Replies

• karnie
    Options
    Hey guys I'm Allison and this is my first time posting.

SW:192.5
    LW:160
    CW:173

I'll do an intro post in the other board but in here I just wanted to say that I love eating healthy, I work out almost everyday and do great workouts, eat 5-6 times a day, and drink 100+ ounces of water a day. I'm toned but def have the 40 pounds left to lose. I've lost 20 so far. I know what I'm doing with this and how to lose weight. I'm going to school to become a nutritonist so I need to get it together and become a healthy weight and get happy with my body! No one is going to listen to a chubby nutritionist!

My problem is that I live with my family right now and there is junk all around. I will not go out of my way and buy junk or even go through fast food because I just don't let myself do that. If it's not around me I won't think about it but since it's all around, it's hard to say no to and once I break my diet for the day, I just binge and not even think about it. I really need to stop and it really saddens me that this is my only downfall in my weight loss journey.
    I'm hoping my boyfriend and I are able to get a place during the summer because he's a body builder and just as health conscious as i am and I don't ever eat junk around him so I know there would never be junk in the house but until then, any tips?

:/
  • GAB2008
    GAB2008 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a similar situation in my house. The women in my house eat healthy, but there are also two large men. They don't believe a meal can exist without grease and heavy meat. Dinner is made every night here, so there's that temptation around always. My suggestion is that you separate the healthy food from where the unhealthy food will be. Also, make sure you have something nutritious to look forward to, perhaps that will help you avoid temptation. You could also ask your roomates (family) to remind you of your health goal before you eat some of their junk food. Help of family and friends is always a good idea.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome Allison:flowerforyou:
  • Periphria
    Options
    Well, I have a similar situation in my house. The women in my house eat healthy, but there are also two large men. They don't believe a meal can exist without grease and heavy meat. Dinner is made every night here, so there's that temptation around always. My suggestion is that you separate the healthy food from where the unhealthy food will be. Also, make sure you have something nutritious to look forward to, perhaps that will help you avoid temptation. You could also ask your roomates (family) to remind you of your health goal before you eat some of their junk food. Help of family and friends is always a good idea.

I have the same thing in my house. My DH eats three and four desserts every night and my children have treats all the time, and it is so hard!!! So... I always have gum around and when they start eating, I start chewing.

Good Luck :flowerforyou: