I ate so much my skin hurts

Options
Is this a thing? I overate yesterday and this morning my skin was incredibly sensitive. It hurt. More than twelve hours later, I still feel like my skin is fighting to expand but can't. Has anyone experienced this sensation after consuming too many calories at once (I went over my goal by roughly 5,000)?

Just curious.

Replies

• ashleyjloss85
    ashleyjloss85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No...maybe its a psychosematic symptom of being upset you are that much?

Or bodys reaction to excess sodium?
  • arsoria24
    arsoria24 Posts: 110 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    It has never happened to me, but I have heard of it before. I don’t know the science behind it, but when you are on a calorie deficit and over eat, one of the side effects is painful tender skin.
  • pe4sandra2
    pe4sandra2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yukfoo wrote: »
    I don't think you should eat your own skin...but I was so hungry once I almost ate my own foot.

Teeheeheee.
  • pe4sandra2
    Options
    arsoria24 wrote: »
    It has never happened to me, but I have heard of it before. I don’t know the science behind it, but when you are on a calorie deficit and over eat, one of the side effects is painful tender skin.

I'll have to do some research on this, as it was the strangest feeling.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    All of your skin? Or just in a certain place? Do you have any food allergies? Did you eat anything unusual?

So weird.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    Wow. I thought I had read everything.

If you find your answer, let us know @pe4sandra2
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'm not sure I have had your exact type of symptoms, but my skin used to hurt after a session of overeating. I attributed it to sensitivity brought on by a combination of dehydration and inflammation from high salt/calorie intake (like, literal swelling at the joints), but that's all conjecture - I don't know for sure.

Edit: I'd also like to add another stipulation and say that everything hurt so I may be mis-remembering. I recall comparing them in my mind to an alcohol hangover, but with food.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Guess she's not coming back to answer questions...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    Guess she's not coming back to answer questions...

Not everyone is on here all day...like us...:lol::neutral:
  • pe4sandra2
    Options
    All of your skin? Or just in a certain place? Do you have any food allergies? Did you eat anything unusual?

So weird.

All of it. It hurt to run my hand across any part of my body. I ate things I've always had...nothing new. This isn't the first time it's happened. I've experienced it twice before - each time it was after a mega binge.
  • pe4sandra2
    Options
    I'm not sure I have had your exact type of symptoms, but my skin used to hurt after a session of overeating. I attributed it to sensitivity brought on by a combination of dehydration and inflammation from high salt/calorie intake (like, literal swelling at the joints), but that's all conjecture - I don't know for sure.

Edit: I'd also like to add another stipulation and say that everything hurt so I may be mis-remembering. I recall comparing them in my mind to an alcohol hangover, but with food.

This could be a possibility.