4 Hour Body

Options
Has anyone tried this diet? I have a friend that has done it and seen results, but I wanted to see if anyone on here has done it or has meal suggestions, advice, etc. Thanks!!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Has anyone tried this diet? I have a friend that has done it and seen results, but I wanted to see if anyone on here has done it or has meal suggestions, advice, etc. Thanks!!

I have no real insight on the diet but if it's like any other diet, it's useless. You see results on the diet but once you get off, the weight generally comes back. My thinking is, if you can't do it forever it isn't worth doing. You are better off just figuring out what type of foods are clean (whole foods, chicken, eggs, protein, fruits veggies, etc..) and working them into the allotted amount of calories. Also suggest looking into understand what your BMR is as it's a major driver in a diet.
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options

I have no real insight on the diet but if it's like any other diet, it's useless. You see results on the diet but once you get off, the weight generally comes back. My thinking is, if you can't do it forever it isn't worth doing. You are better off just figuring out what type of foods are clean (whole foods, chicken, eggs, protein, fruits veggies, etc..) and working them into the allotted amount of calories. Also suggest looking into understand what your BMR is as it's a major driver in a diet.

100% agree. The best way to succeed and keep weight off is to modify your lifestyle. Unless you plan on staying on this diet forever, you're likely to gain the weight back as soon as you get off the diet.
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    I totally agree with the statement that if you can't keep it up, don't waste your time. The only real lasting success that I've had was when I decided to actually change my eating habits. By eating healthier and excerising I was able to achieve a slow but steady weight loss. The best part is ..... I've been able to keep the weight off! - Best Wishes.
  • allacson
    Options
    All the "diet" involves is cutting out white processed carbs and eating mostly proteins and vegetables 6 days a week and having one cheat day. Really it's not a "diet"...it's a lifestyle change. I agree most fad diets aren't worth your time, but this seems like something I would want to do forever. And just fyi, 4 hour body is just the title of the book...it takes time to see results, like any other lifestyle change :)

Thanks for the input though!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    The way I read it, 4HB is a change in lifestyle. He suggests switching your 'go-to' foods from current to 'his list'. Then he offers a 'free' day and gives reasons this is acceptable. He has simple choices for eating healthy and he has completed his research on himself. He is an expert at documenting any/ all changes.
    IMHO
  • AngAndrews
    AngAndrews Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 of the 4 Hour Body and while it has taken me most of the two weeks to adjust to it I am loving it. You are right it is a lifestyle change and not a fad diet. The first week or so was a little tough just getting used to only eating certain foods and my energy level was very low. I just completed week two and my energy is back to normal. I lost 3.5 lbs. the first week and 1.5 lbs the second week. The best advice I can give you is:
    1. If you're hungry...eat. There is not a limit to the amount of "approved" foods you can have so don't go hungry.
    2. You must stick to the plan or it won't work. Cheats can only happen on cheat day.
    3. On cheat day you MUST cheat. The science behind the caloric intake won't work if you don't cheat.
    4. Be patient and stick with it. I have had sucess right away but it can take several weeks for some people to kick in.
    5. If you're struggling just remember you get one entire day to eat whatever you want. Write down the things you would like to eat on cheat day and then eat them when cheat day arrives.

Stay strong, you can do it!