Sweet Treats

ghudson92
ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
edited September 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hi lovely people, I'm looking for ideas for low cal sweet treats as this is my biggest downfall! I am 5"1, weighing 136lbs and wanting to get back down to 112lbs. This means I only have 1300 calories for the day. Any suggestions would be appreciated :smile:

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I'm also 5'1''. I like a pumpkin pie smoothie at my "night cap" sweet treat. I can give you the recipe if it sounds appealing. I also have an apple pie smoothie that uses apple pie filling. Both are about 250 calories, but it's a large serving that can be cut in half.

I'll sometimes have those single serving yogurt cups that are about 80-100 calories if I need something to easily put me up to the right amount of calories (I eat 1,340 per day). I also love a good pint of halo top ice cream.
  • ghudson92
    @RelCanonical Those recipes sound good, I'd be grateful if you would share them please :smile:
    I like Halo Top too, but it is £5 a pint so I can't often justify spending that much money on something I can eat in about ten minutes :lol:
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    I don't know if you have these in your area but I love mini drumstick ice cream cones. They're only 110-110 calories depending on the flavor and I have one for dessert almost every night. Fiber One also has some decent brownie and cookie options. 2 Dove dark chocolate squares have under 100 calories.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Life savors sugar free kick *kitten* and there is pineapple flavor is the bag.
    I eat these things all day long.

At the end of the day if I have leftover calories I am known to grab that 250 calorie snickers bar.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    Fruit.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I love the 100 calories snack packs- You can get nuts, or cookie packs, or cheese whiz or sometimes for 140-160 calories the individual bags of chips. I keep the rest in my car so I can ONLY eat 1 pack- chips are my weakness.
  • ghudson92
    Thanks everyone, I'm just getting back to this app after quite some time off so all of these suggestions are really helpful :smile:
  • zaldar83zar
    zaldar83zar Posts: 5 Member
    Whitmans do a sugar free mint pattie chocolate, 49 calories each but they are smallish..about the size of a 20c piece. Fibre One Salted caramel bars are tasty and 90 calories. Special K protein bars are nice, 100-120 calories, 28g & 7g protein
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    First, since you want to lose under 30 pounds, change your rate of loss per week from 2 lbs to 1 lb or even 0.5 lbs. That will give you more calories to play with. Then you can fit a sensible dessert without too much trouble.
  • ghudson92
    @quiksylver296 Thanks for your response, my rate of loss is at 1lbs a week, it actually came up as 1200 but I changed it to 1300 as I couldn't sustain 1200. I am working on moving a lot more so I can eat more :smile:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    @quiksylver296 Thanks for your response, my rate of loss is at 1lbs a week, it actually came up as 1200 but I changed it to 1300 as I couldn't sustain 1200. I am working on moving a lot more so I can eat more :smile:

Oh, good!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I like the sweet taste of raw carrots.
  • ghudson92
    I like the sweet taste of raw carrots.

Ooh now there's an idea! I also love carrots :smile:

I did have the idea of having a baked banana for my dessert today, it's really just a case of getting my head back in the game!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    I eat low carb and I will make hot chocolate for about 20 calories if I use only water: sweetener, unsweetened cocoa, splash of vanilla. If I add milk, it's a few more calories, but, creamier. A nice, comforting way to get my sweet fix for few calories.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Berries, baby carrots, jello/gelatin
  • ghudson92
    Thanks for all of your replies. There have been some really useful suggestions here :smile: