1 1/2 weeks and don't see results??????????

Options
How long does it take to start losing weight, im not seeing any results and im working out 75 minutes a day and eating as healthy as can be??????
I'm getting worried?????

Replies

• jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I wasn't working out that much, but it probably took a month or so before I noticed a shift on the scales xxx
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Longer than a week and a half! It's taken me three months to lose nine pounds.
  • littlered301
    littlered301 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got stuck once for about one month. Nothing moving, then I dropped 5lbs. Eat lots of veggies, stay away from fruit. No salty stuff. Exercise at a different time of day. Shake things up and things may change. Your body gets in a rut so if you make a change, you hopefully will start to see results. I did that and it worked. Good Luck :)
  • rairye
    rairye Posts: 27
    Options
    Your body may not quite be used to the activty yet. Give your body time to adjust. Also take your measurements.. you may start losing inches faster then weight as you begin to build muscle and tone up.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    For me, my first 10 pounds came off fairly easily because of sodium reduction, and then it slowed way down, but consistantly down a little each week. Baby steps. You might take a look at your sodium to see where it is at.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    stay away from grains and sugars., but eat your calories AND any extra calories burned through exercise. I will add that you do not need to exercise that much to see results. I didn't exercise at all for the first 2 1/2 months and I lost 20 or so pounds during that time....simply by figuring out how to eat healthy.

oh, and eating healthy means drinking at least 96 ounces of water a day. I aim for roughly a gallon a day.
  • vivideloquence
    vivideloquence Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This may just be how my body works but I've been eating about 1,600 calories a day and walking 30 to 45 minutes 6 times a week and I've been losing about a pound a week for almost two months. Maybe you are working your body too hard?
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    When I started working with my trainer she told me it was going to take about a month to see a physiological change, because my body needs time to adjust to the new eating and working out schedule.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I got stuck once for about one month. Nothing moving, then I dropped 5lbs. Eat lots of veggies, stay away from fruit. No salty stuff. Exercise at a different time of day. Shake things up and things may change. Your body gets in a rut so if you make a change, you hopefully will start to see results. I did that and it worked. Good Luck :)

I know fruit contains natural sugar, but I wouldn't suggest staying away from it. Berries contain antioxidants, and fruit is good for you...
  • sc463
    sc463 Posts: 1
    Options
    It depends on how active you were before you started myfitnesspal. If this is a big change for you in terms of exercise and diet then I would expect to see results within 2 weeks and if you are working out in the gym you are probably gaining muscle so it may be wise for you to measure body parts and see if you are losing fat but it isnt showing on the scale as it may be being replaced by muscle .. hope this helps :)

Sam x
  • woodmanis3
    Options
    The same for me~ it's discouraging
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Don't see them as in inches? Lbs? Or the mirror?

I didn't see any difference to satrt with although the lbs were coming off, I put it down to losing fat around my organs.
  • 05tucka
    05tucka Posts: 4
    Options
    I lost 0.4lbs in my first 6 weeks, then finally the weight started coming off as you would expect, you just have to keep it up, :)
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    you didnt gain all the extra weight in a week and a half :devil: give it some time... it will come off... and it will come off slowly. but if you be honest with yourself and are eating healthy and logging it everyday, you WILL see results. just be patient. as patient as you were when you were slowly gaining the weight :wink:
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    About 2 years ago, I started eating healthy and exercising consistently. It took my body a little over 2 weeks to catch up (right as I was about to give up) and then for the next two weeks I lost, on average, about a half a pound daily! After that, I lost weight gradually until I was down 20 lbs., so don't give up yet! I am just getting back into it (for about 3 weeks consistently now) and have yet to see a real loss on the scale, but I am feeling healthier and that's what's important.
  • meskel
    meskel Posts: 3
    Options
    Jenn152 is correct. Give it TIME. You have only been going for a week and a half. What are your goals? Are they realistic and attainable? Healthy weight loss is about ONE lb a week. If you eat too few calories (which the system shows you) you can put your body into starvation mode and not lose anything either. So it is all about balance. Studies show that nutrition is the number one way to lose weight. Fitness and exercise assist, but you need to watch what you eat. It take 3,500 calories to equal one pound. Keep up the hard work. Don't give up and Good luck!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your food diary it is hard to give suggestions or advice. I'd be happy to look at it if you'd open it up. I lost most of the weight I was trying to lose (35 pounds) in about 6 months and now I am maintaining that loss. Don't give up, if you're eating the right number of calories, healthy foods and exercising it will come off. Good luck!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Give it at least 4 - 6 weeks. There are many factors to consider...some of them have already been mentioned. It is not always as simple as "eat xxxx calories per day and work out xxx minutes, and you will lose 1lb per week." In fact, MFP will not even let me aim to lose more than 0.7lb per week, because they will not recommend less than 1200 net calories per day (to avoid starvation mode), but eating that much will only result in an average of 0.7lb/week (according to their calculations). But any time I have just started a new fitness/nutrition plan, it takes several weeks to really see any results. So it is not always a perfectly linear decrease in weight--sometimes you may lose weight at a faster or slower rate than other times. But if you stick to your goals, you should see a trend of decreased weight over time. Also, like someone else said, focusing more on your measurements may be more rewarding/encouraging, because you may see changes there before you see changes on the scale.