do you find???

Options
when you loose weight and you start eating healthy and exercising you get calld obsessed x my sister moans when i mention my weight but she got me in to the health kick and now i cant talk to anyone about my feelings cause they say i have a eating problem cause i wont eat high fat content or junk food etc

Replies

• megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Yea well, I say screw 'em.
    It's your life and as long as you're not being obsessed and crazy about it, whatever.
    Screewww em haha.
  • bextoye
    bextoye Posts: 46
    Options
    good point meg and believe me am getting that way xx
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yeah, my dad always tells me not to go too "overboard"... and it's ridiculous, because i'm not going to be satisfied with second best.

to be successful at anything, you need committment, and a little bit of obsession.

you think people who are the best at anything (work, school, sports, the arts) just put in a half arsed effort? no, they don't, they committ 100%.

sounds like the talk of "losers"
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    It can happen. Funny how when ALL OF A SUDDEN, someone goes on an "ALL CLEAN DIET" that they inadvertently start criticizing others about their food choices indirectly.

EX:
    Friend: Oh I want some ice cream! Let's go to COLDSTONE.

Health nut: Oh no I can't go there! That ice cream has all these chemicals and sugar in it! Do you realize how bad it is for you?

Friend: Never had a problem with my weight or health. I just want a small cup with no toppings.

Health nut: You keep eating it and eventually you'll have a weight issue.

STFU! If you don't like it just say "I'll go, I just won't have any ice cream."

True story- I invited some friends of one of my gym co-workers to a party a few years ago. The party had cultural food from my ethnic background. When they got there, they were inquiring about what type of food was being served and how it was prepared. My MIL was there and she prepped most of it, so she took the time to tell them. The next hour, while meshing with other guests, these 2 invitees were telling my family members and friends about how BAD the food was for them! I have no problem with confrontation, so I pulled them aside and stated if they don't like the food, they don't have to eat it. If they continue to preach about how my MIL's food is bad, then they can leave. They left.
  • bextoye
    bextoye Posts: 46
    Options
    yeah thats a bit bad you did the right thing i still eat, i have just cut out all junk food but thats my option and i dont force it or preach it to anyone else x they just think am getting an eating disorder
  • Rainbow011
    Rainbow011 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    when you loose weight and you start eating healthy and exercising you get calld obsessed x my sister moans when i mention my weight but she got me in to the health kick and now i cant talk to anyone about my feelings cause they say i have a eating problem cause i wont eat high fat content or junk food etc

I get the same all the time. Trying to lose weight and watching what/how much you eat is not a bad thing.
  • misterbilliam
    misterbilliam Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When people say stuff like that, it's to make them feel better about eating crap themselves! Don't listen and continue to stay healthy. That's the key if you think of healthy as a spectrum there's two sides: overeating and undereating. Both are just as bad for you long term. As long as you stay in the middle you wont have a problem :)