Starting to post here so I don't bore my other friends to de

Options
Hello all!

I've recently become really interested in taking better care of me and my body. I am a bit horrified at how much weight I've gained over years of overeating after being a skinny kid who very often had to be made to eat and who picked at her food. Somehow, my habits have changed over time, and in adulthood, I have found myself acting out some very unhealthy patterns with food.

Anyway, I'm serious about the idea of posting here so I can talk with other folks who are interested in this stuff and can stop talking so much about it with friends who would probably rather talk on mutual topics of interest than hear my latest calorie intake and discuss my ever-so-fascinating metabolism. I've grown a little obsessed, as people sometimes do with a new hobby, and am hoping to come around to more balance with it all. In the meantime, these forums may be an acceptable place to channel some of my excessive need to talk and think about this stuff while getting it on track.

I've been on this site for awhile without posting, actually, and find it an excellent resource.

I look forward to posting more and to getting to know folks.

Thanks!

Replies

• mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! I felt the same with my friends, and decided posting on fb how much a ran each day wasnt all that interesting lol. Welcome! :-)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hiya, channel, channel, I love hearing about everyone's experiences and their advice, and also have a growing MFP obsession - it can't be unhealthy can it?! Loads of luck to you and look forward to reading your posts :-)
  • ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome my friend,
    I love to chat, I chat my whole 8 hours of work on here....lol Your going to LOVE MFP!!!! I guarantee or your money back...lmfao
  • tommyekatt
    tommyekatt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Today was my first "post" after being on the site for a month. My friends to are sick of hearing about how I went for a walk and was able to make it up the hill without wanting someone to bring the car to get me, and stuff like that. So I totally get what you are saying.
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This is a great place!! I have been here for 30 days and I have lost 11 pounds so far!!
  • tilaisabel
    Options
    This is a great online tool and you will definitely find great support from people who are engaging on the same mission to feel and look great by doing it the right way: hard work. Welcome to MFP!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Been in your shoes, and am still to a degree. I know my family is tired of hearing how good I'm doing. I get so excited because I'm doing good!! Mainly because they are either not interested in cleaning up their habits, or, they already eat healthy. :tongue: This site has been great, and I'm finally getting the hang of proper eating! I've been on diets before, this is the first time I'm just learning how to eat and not gain weight, but actually lose it!! It is becoming a healthy eating lifestyle and thanks to MFP and friends, I'm finally taking control. Good luck!!! Welcome!! :bigsmile:
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    Hiya, channel, channel, I love hearing about everyone's experiences and their advice, and also have a growing MFP obsession - it can't be unhealthy can it?! Loads of luck to you and look forward to reading your posts :-)

I m completely obsessed as well. I absolutely love this place. I ve been wondering where it was all my life. If it had stock, i d buy it. completely normal IMO....amirite? : D
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a newb as well :-)
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Loved your post! I'm obsessed with being healthy as well, and how many of your friends really want to hear about kale smoothies and raw carrots and the treadmill vs. the elliptical? :)
  • AmyJo54915
    AmyJo54915 Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm obsessed as well! I know my friends and family are sick of hearing me talk exercise and calories (except my mom...she does the same thing, just not on here). I LOVE this site, I love the way I've been feeling since I started, and I love knowing there are people out there just like me :smile:
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I don't know that the obsession ends. My husband and I talk about it with each other and our families all the time.
  • shan2bthin
    shan2bthin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I love MFP too! Lots of support and good advice. Keep coming back!
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options
    I LOVE MFP... I have only been here for a little over 3 weeks, but I'm totally addicted!!! :P
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options
    I LOVE MFP... I have only been here for a little over 3 weeks, but I'm totally addicted!!! :P